I bought a $250 range extender from Verizon, with the assurance that it did not take a lot a room. It did, so I was told I could return it directly to a local Verizon store, which I did. The extender was not even taken out of the box so it, and all accessories, where in their original packaging. I never got a refund on my bill!

I've spent about six hours on the phone with five Verizon reps, including a manager. All promised to call me back, but none have. What they have confirmed is is that Verizon received the extender locally and at their warehouse, but it is lost. After more than a six weeks of inquiries, they have not agreed to refund my money, giving me a whole bunch of gibberish about why they can't do so until they find it.

Any suggestions on where to turn to next about this situation? Verizon received it, evidently lost it, so why should I not be entitled to a refund? Verizon sucks big time!!
    10-31-2013 07:15 AM
    Did they give you a receipt? A cable company tried to do that to me with like $1500 worth of stuff.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    rdubmu and tabletnovice like this.
    10-31-2013 08:09 AM
    Any suggestions on where to turn to next about this situation?
    Send letter to Better Business Bureau, copy the local Verizon store manager and your state Attorney General. If they have acknowledged receiving the unit ( you need name and date) you have all the cards.
    Dnoravian and tabletnovice like this.
    10-31-2013 11:06 AM
    I decided to call the local Verizon, instead of their 800#. The fellow got it straightened out and I'll be getting the refund on my next bill.

I think companies like Verizon jerk you around, hoping you'll become weary and give up. I should not have had to spend so much time on this issue!
    Dnoravian likes this.
    10-31-2013 01:38 PM
    I decided to call the local Verizon, instead of their 800#. The fellow got it straightened out and I'll be getting the refund on my next bill.

I think companies like Verizon jerk you around, hoping you'll become weary and give up. I should not have had to spend so much time on this issue!
    Exactly. Either that or they assume that most people don't have the time for fighting them and just don't bother taking any action.
    tabletnovice likes this.
    11-01-2013 06:31 PM
    That is how corporate America operates now. Make it so difficult that we just give up and they steal our money. Remember when we had the last software update on the S3 and they snuck in that caller ID app? If we didn't cancel it within 30 days it was something like $1.99 more per month. Most people on boards like this are savvy enough to get it done, but think of the MILLIONS of VZW customers that didn't know how or take the time to do it, allowing them to bring in probably a million or more extra each month, just by sneaking that app in.
    tabletnovice likes this.
    11-02-2013 02:23 PM