Can't Silence Notifications

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had this issue? The quick toggle is only working to mute incoming calls, but not all other notifications. I've done several hard resets, and even swapped in a fresh sim card. No luck. Any suggestions? TIA.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The quick toggle

I've done several hard resets
You're referring to the Sound toggle? That should mute all sounds.

What do you mean by 'hard reset' - a device restart, or a Factory Reset?

Edit: do you have any sound apps installed?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the sound toggle. I have done a few factory resets, and have no sound apps installed.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
After you switch the Sound toggle to Mute, go to Settings -> Sound -> Volume and see what the various levels are at.

Ringtones, Notifications and System should all be muted (don't ask me why Music isn't muted).
nu2abyte.jpg

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, that's the problem. It mutes the ringer only, not notifications.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It sounds to me like you have some kind of sound profile/management app installed that's causing this problem.

You could try booting into Safe mode and see if it behaves properly.

Or do another Factory Reset, and before going through the device setup (just skip all of the Google account, etc) check to see if this is working correctly. If it is, then something that's being automatically installed when you establish your Google account is mucking up the works. If it isn't then the only thing I can think of would be to reload the stock firmware using the Kies software on your PC.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670