Samsung halts Galaxy S3 4.3 update

Empty J

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Samsung has pulled a software update for some Galaxy devices after finding it caused problems with the handsets.

The Android 4.3 update for the Samsung Galaxy S3 ? meant to give the devices compatibility with the recently announced Galaxy Gear smartwatch ? has been suspended in the UK after complaints it was causing devices to freeze and batteries to drain faster than usual.

"As we are currently investigating the reported issues with Galaxy S3 4.3 Jelly Bean update, the upgrading service has been temporarily suspended," Samsung UK told ZDNet in a statement.

"We are committed to providing customers with the best possible mobile experience, and will ensure to resume the upgrading service at the earliest possibility."

More at Samsung halts Galaxy S3 Gear-compatible Jelly Bean update | ZDNet

I think it is fair to say that Verizon users won't see 4.3 pushed to us on November 22 as expected.

DroidGuy1990

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
More at Samsung halts Galaxy S3 Gear-compatible Jelly Bean update | ZDNet

I think it is fair to say that Verizon users won't see 4.3 pushed to us on November 22 as expected.

I am extremely dissapointed with the way the S3 has been handled with updates. this is a more than capable phone and has actually been deserted due to the S4. Most likely when the S5 comes out the S4 will be stuck on the last update it received..You would think samsung would make sure that all the phones are updates ASAP with all that market share they have..

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I think it will come. That press release was from Samsung UK. It didn't say anything about US carriers.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

DroidGuy1990

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I think it will come. That press release was from Samsung UK. It didn't say anything about US carriers.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App
Oh it will most definitely come...the problem is WHEN it will come...6 months from now is completely utterly unacceptable.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh it will most definitely come...the problem is WHEN it will come...6 months from now is completely utterly unacceptable.

Why, just because you can't have it? What is the utmost, glorified, can't-do-without feature that has turned your S3 into a hulking POS because samsung won't play nice-nice and update your phone?

DroidGuy1990

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Because the mistake they made was ever pushing the 4.3 update to begin with. That was there mistake. So to fix it they should work full time on getting it updated and sent out...and it is not a point of getting the update because I want it. Let me explain incase you do not know. the 4.3 update operates full RAM TRIM Support allowing the actual memory process to be taken to a different level in architecture of the DALVIK OS by saving from RAM degeneration. What this means is Android 4.3 will and should breathe new life into a device. My N7 2012 was saved by the 4.3 update....Now my GS3 is by no means a slouch. But I can tell it has slowed down. Maybe you can not tell Nor can the average consumer tell. But i am not an average consumer I am the 1% who use's my phone to the maximum limit load that I was told to do by Samsung when I purchased this GS3. I do not overlclock or anything like that and i operate within boundaries given to me. So the reason why I WANT my 4.3 update is becasue I want to continue using this awesome device well past the 1 1/2 year mark. I believe 4.3 update can help prolong the life of this device...

Empty J

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

True, I am making a leap. But I would wager that if the 4.3 update is being halted by Samsung, the US carriers are going to pay a lot of attention and may put the brakes on, if they haven't outright been advised by Samsung to halt their push altogether.

nashi#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
AT&T is pushing out 4.3 to their phones now, and there are comments about the international versions being different. It's possible tomorrow is still going to happen, but I'm unsure if I'm going to wait and see or patch as soon as I have the option. Time and forums will tell.

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I heard the same thing about the international being different. Apparently t mobile and AT&T are pushing out now. Minor glitches, but most seem to like. Guess we'll find out tomorrow!

Posted via Android Central App

l_t_freeman

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Why is Verizon the last with any update? I've had them for more years than I can count but uodates are so slow..I may switch soon if it can't get it's act together.

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Why is Verizon the last with any update? I've had them for more years than I can count but uodates are so slow..I may switch soon if it can't get it's act together.

Sheesh: 1 or 2 days after the other guys? Be thankful you're not a Nexus 4 owner waiting for KitKat!

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

Pull your pants up, snap your suspenders, and wait it out with the rest of us.
What's the big rush?

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Pull your pants up, snap your suspenders, and wait it out with the rest of us.
What's the big rush?

Yeah, kind of fond of CleanROM 7, myself. Not sure that the case will be compelling to even take the update. I know, it'll be new and improved...so far the new features that I've heard of haven't exactly knocked me over with that "got to have it" feeling *smile*.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Be thankful you're not a Nexus 4 owner waiting for KitKat!
If I was a Nexus 4 owner I wouldn't be waiting for KitKat because I'd already have become a Nexus 5 owner with KitKat!

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, kind of fond of CleanROM 7, myself. Not sure that the case will be compelling to even take the update. I know, it'll be new and improved...so far the new features that I've heard of haven't exactly knocked me over with that "got to have it" feeling *smile*.

Neither has any buggy custom ROM.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4