Samsung has pulled a software update for some Galaxy devices after finding it caused problems with the handsets.

The Android 4.3 update for the Samsung Galaxy S3 meant to give the devices compatibility with the recently announced Galaxy Gear smartwatch has been suspended in the UK after complaints it was causing devices to freeze and batteries to drain faster than usual.

"As we are currently investigating the reported issues with Galaxy S3 4.3 Jelly Bean update, the upgrading service has been temporarily suspended," Samsung UK told ZDNet in a statement.

"We are committed to providing customers with the best possible mobile experience, and will ensure to resume the upgrading service at the earliest possibility."
    More at Samsung halts Galaxy S3 Gear-compatible Jelly Bean update | ZDNet

I think it is fair to say that Verizon users won't see 4.3 pushed to us on November 22 as expected.
    11-19-2013 10:36 AM
    More at Samsung halts Galaxy S3 Gear-compatible Jelly Bean update | ZDNet

I think it is fair to say that Verizon users won't see 4.3 pushed to us on November 22 as expected.

I am extremely dissapointed with the way the S3 has been handled with updates. this is a more than capable phone and has actually been deserted due to the S4. Most likely when the S5 comes out the S4 will be stuck on the last update it received..You would think samsung would make sure that all the phones are updates ASAP with all that market share they have..
    11-19-2013 10:59 AM
    I think it will come. That press release was from Samsung UK. It didn't say anything about US carriers.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App
    11-19-2013 01:39 PM
    I think it will come. That press release was from Samsung UK. It didn't say anything about US carriers.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App
    Oh it will most definitely come...the problem is WHEN it will come...6 months from now is completely utterly unacceptable.
    11-19-2013 01:42 PM
    Oh it will most definitely come...the problem is WHEN it will come...6 months from now is completely utterly unacceptable.
    Why, just because you can't have it? What is the utmost, glorified, can't-do-without feature that has turned your S3 into a hulking POS because samsung won't play nice-nice and update your phone?
    11-19-2013 02:16 PM
    Because the mistake they made was ever pushing the 4.3 update to begin with. That was there mistake. So to fix it they should work full time on getting it updated and sent out...and it is not a point of getting the update because I want it. Let me explain incase you do not know. the 4.3 update operates full RAM TRIM Support allowing the actual memory process to be taken to a different level in architecture of the DALVIK OS by saving from RAM degeneration. What this means is Android 4.3 will and should breathe new life into a device. My N7 2012 was saved by the 4.3 update....Now my GS3 is by no means a slouch. But I can tell it has slowed down. Maybe you can not tell Nor can the average consumer tell. But i am not an average consumer I am the 1% who use's my phone to the maximum limit load that I was told to do by Samsung when I purchased this GS3. I do not overlclock or anything like that and i operate within boundaries given to me. So the reason why I WANT my 4.3 update is becasue I want to continue using this awesome device well past the 1 1/2 year mark. I believe 4.3 update can help prolong the life of this device...
    nolittdroid likes this.
    11-19-2013 02:24 PM
    True, I am making a leap. But I would wager that if the 4.3 update is being halted by Samsung, the US carriers are going to pay a lot of attention and may put the brakes on, if they haven't outright been advised by Samsung to halt their push altogether.
    11-19-2013 02:31 PM
    AT&T is pushing out 4.3 to their phones now, and there are comments about the international versions being different. It's possible tomorrow is still going to happen, but I'm unsure if I'm going to wait and see or patch as soon as I have the option. Time and forums will tell.
    11-21-2013 11:09 AM
    I heard the same thing about the international being different. Apparently t mobile and AT&T are pushing out now. Minor glitches, but most seem to like. Guess we'll find out tomorrow!

Posted via Android Central App
    11-21-2013 12:42 PM
    Why is Verizon the last with any update? I've had them for more years than I can count but uodates are so slow..I may switch soon if it can't get it's act together.

11-21-2013 03:01 PM
    Why is Verizon the last with any update? I've had them for more years than I can count but uodates are so slow..I may switch soon if it can't get it's act together.

Sheesh: 1 or 2 days after the other guys? Be thankful you're not a Nexus 4 owner waiting for KitKat!
    11-21-2013 03:04 PM

Pull your pants up, snap your suspenders, and wait it out with the rest of us.
    What's the big rush?
    11-21-2013 06:19 PM
    Pull your pants up, snap your suspenders, and wait it out with the rest of us.
    What's the big rush?
    Yeah, kind of fond of CleanROM 7, myself. Not sure that the case will be compelling to even take the update. I know, it'll be new and improved...so far the new features that I've heard of haven't exactly knocked me over with that "got to have it" feeling *smile*.
    11-21-2013 09:31 PM
    Be thankful you're not a Nexus 4 owner waiting for KitKat!
    If I was a Nexus 4 owner I wouldn't be waiting for KitKat because I'd already have become a Nexus 5 owner with KitKat!

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    11-22-2013 10:25 AM
    Yeah, kind of fond of CleanROM 7, myself. Not sure that the case will be compelling to even take the update. I know, it'll be new and improved...so far the new features that I've heard of haven't exactly knocked me over with that "got to have it" feeling *smile*.
    Neither has any buggy custom ROM.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    11-23-2013 09:44 AM