Annoyance: Verizon S3 lock screen activated after phone calls

MarkDel

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I have been having the same issue on S3 mini since the corporate policy was implemented. This does not happen on other Android devices, just Samsung. I have tried everything possible to resolve and have not been successful. I am a regular user in the car and am forced to enter 6-digit PIN after every call to use again. This must be fixed.

mattncsu

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I created an account just to follow this post because I have the same problem. I have a Verizon Galaxy S3, unrooted, unencrypted, not on a corporate. Phone set with a pattern lock after 10 minutes. Maybe it is related to 4.3. It could be like someone before said that the lock counter keeps going while on the phone and if it is exceeded then the phone locks on hangup. Earlier today I had to unlock my phone during a call to change the bluetooth settings and then it still relocked after I hung up.

Vladimir Zak

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Exactly same here : Nexus 5, corporate , encrypted - same issue after call ends. Brings me to lock screen with 6 figures to type while driving :-( ............................ Anyone, cure ?

David Shay

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I think this is a core Android bug and not even a Samsung one. It's happened as long as I can recall on any phone with a PASSWORD, not pattern lock. And yup, it's annoying as all hell.

Martin Paul

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I've just (finally) switched from a Blackberry to the S5 and use the finger scanner to lock the phone.
It does exactly the same to me, I've got it set on 10 minutes time delay but if I call anyone it automatically locks after the call ends. I use my mobile all the time for work calls (private mobile, run my own business) and this is ridiculous.

radixe

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I use a global note 3. This also happens to me on dropped calls, but doesn't happen if I manually press disconnect. Not a major annoyance but this seems to be such a silly bug to be on multiple samsung flagship phones.

KenyaGraham

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung Note 3 that is pattern protected on T-Mobile and it locks after calls end even if I was just manually interacting with the phone. It's rather annoying and I called Samsung's technical support on it and it seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Note 3 Locks after calls

I have the same problem / Note 3 / Telstra Australia but not provider locked, and not corporate.
It sounds like none of you guys have a solution ?
This problem is REALLY annoying.
Phil

mycheekyangel

May 1, 2014
Visit site
My work says: If you accept a phone call on a locked device, when you end the call it will be locked. Additionally it seems that Samsung doesn't identify phone calls as device activity therefore if you are on an unlocked device, make a call, and talk for more than the time period you've nominated for locking, the device still locks. This is a Samsung issue as far as I can tell. Unfortunately at this time there is nothing we can do about it.

jacosmitza

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue on my Galaxy S5. It is on the latest official firmware available to MTN in South Africa. I have 4 exchange accounts configured of which only 1 requires me to set a PIN/password.
After configuring this account to my phone, it locks after every call even if the call was under a minute. I have set the maximum time out possible for locking after no input.

Now, does anyone know which setting on the Exchange 2010 server would force you to enter a PIN or password and cause the after call lock? The finger swipe/finger print or pattern unlock options are not available either.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried "On End Call" to solve this ?
Did you mean On Call End: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../details?id=com.brosix.callend&token=sWalKnS5 (it's really helpful to post the link when you're recommending an app since there are often hundreds of apps returned by a search, sometimes many with similar names)? I didn't see anything in the Description that addressed this issue.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

DreClark

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S5 and am able to reproduce this issue every time. The lock screen occurs when connected to a Bluetooth headset (or car unit) and you end the call using the Bluetooth device. If you end the call via the "End" button directly on the phone the phone never locks. Now I'm trying to find where in settings this may be at. I haven't tried it with a wired headset yet so I can't say if it is limited to just Bluetooth devices or not.

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Did you mean On Call End: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../details?id=com.brosix.callend&token=b2RWlV4w (it's really helpful to post the link when you're recommending an app since there are often hundreds of apps returned by a search, sometimes many with similar names)? I didn't see anything in the Description that addressed this issue.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

This did not solve the problem for me.

openmindtherapy

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I have a brand new Galaxy Note 3 and my screen locks during phone calls too. It's very annoying and doesn't make sense. The phone is being used by me and is active so why does the screen lock? I need a password on the phone since there is some sensitive data on there. It's not an encrypted phone, its not hacked or anything.

The "lock automatically" setting says "screen will be locked in x minutes after screen automatically turns off." Well the screen automatically turns off when you put the phone up to your head and then the screen locks at the set time. The phone should not lock until x minutes after the end of the phone call.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
I need a password on the phone since there is some sensitive data on there.
Have you tried a PIN or Pattern lock?
Does this problem occur using those two methods?
Would either of those methods be secure enough for you?
The phone should not lock until x minutes after the end of the phone call.
Feel free to contact Samsung customer support with your input; they even have online chat if you'd like to go that route. That'll take care of what it 'should' do.
Then you can come back here and look at options (like those I mentioned above) for what it does do, and ways around the behavior.

pvmane

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

I have been facing this same issue for the last 2 years on Samsung Android various versions. Called Samsung support but they could not help. After a lot testing various scenarios one thing I found for sure is as below and can be reproduced, I guess by all.

I use Note2 and as per corporate policy I need to have a password for unlocking. I have set my screen timeout time to 30 secs and the screen lock out time to 29 mins 45 secs. So ideally when I get a call (or make a call), unless I overshoot 29'45" the screen should not lock though the screen may go black. In this case the screen should go black after 30 secs and once call ends before 29'45", I should be able to go back to original screen without need to unlock. However this is what I noticed :
If the call ends BEFORE 30 secs while the screen is still ON (not black) the phone does not lock. As soon as the screen goes black it WILL lock after the call ends even if the call ends just one sec after the screen lock. And even if you try to bring the screen back ON once it has gone black, by say pressing the Homescreen, it will still lock once the call ends. So either you keep the screen ON time for a longer period (causes battery drain) or click homescreen before the screen times out to keep it alive.

The best solution I had was to install Screen ON. Here you have the option to keep the screen ON for the apps you select. There are several apps like this. However those apps do not list "phone call" as one of the options to keep screen on. This particular apps has an option for "phone calls" and it works. It will not allow the screen to go black during the call. Maybe this will use some battery since it keeps the screen on for the entire duration of the call but it is much better than to try and key in password while driving on a locked screen. And of course it keeps the screen on only for phone calls and/or other apps that you would have chosen. Below is the url to it. Note that after KtKat upgrade the apps crashes. You will see the reviews for the same. But even after the crash it works in the background. And it was working fine before the Kitkat upgrade. Hope this long post helps!! :)

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=gr.androiddev.ScreenOn&hl=en&token=cIcWOI-b

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I have been facing this same issue for the last 2 years on Samsung Android various versions. Called Samsung support but they could not help. After a lot testing various scenarios one thing I found for sure is as below and can be reproduced, I guess by all.

I use Note2 and as per corporate policy I need to have a password for unlocking. I have set my screen timeout time to 30 secs and the screen lock out time to 29 mins 45 secs. So ideally when I get a call (or make a call), unless I overshoot 29'45" the screen should not lock though the screen may go black. In this case the screen should go black after 30 secs and once call ends before 29'45", I should be able to go back to original screen without need to unlock. However this is what I noticed :
If the call ends BEFORE 30 secs while the screen is still ON (not black) the phone does not lock. As soon as the screen goes black it WILL lock after the call ends even if the call ends just one sec after the screen lock. And even if you try to bring the screen back ON once it has gone black, by say pressing the Homescreen, it will still lock once the call ends. So either you keep the screen ON time for a longer period (causes battery drain) or click homescreen before the screen times out to keep it alive.

The best solution I had was to install Screen ON. Here you have the option to keep the screen ON for the apps you select. There are several apps like this. However those apps do not list "phone call" as one of the options to keep screen on. This particular apps has an option for "phone calls" and it works. It will not allow the screen to go black during the call. Maybe this will use some battery since it keeps the screen on for the entire duration of the call but it is much better than to try and key in password while driving on a locked screen. And of course it keeps the screen on only for phone calls and/or other apps that you would have chosen. Below is the url to it. Note that after KtKat upgrade the apps crashes. You will see the reviews for the same. But even after the crash it works in the background. And it was working fine before the Kitkat upgrade. Hope this long post helps!! :)

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=gr.androiddev.ScreenOn&hl=en&token=IeX2T2dV

This is the best explanation I've seen yet. Going to give this a try! Thanks!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae