So I have an none smart phone on my plan that is eligible for an upgrade. If I upgrade my phone with that to keep unlimited data do I have to keep the none smart phone on my data plan and pay the extra $9. Our can I take it off after I upgrade mine with it to keep unlimited.
    12-09-2013 12:49 PM
    I think non smart phone data plans are different from smartphone data plans so you won't be able to keep unlimited feature phone plan on a smartphone line

Posted via Android Central App
    12-09-2013 01:14 PM
    You need to confirm this with a Verizon rep.
    12-09-2013 01:16 PM
    I'd confirm it with a rep then triple check my bill after!

✌SG3/iPad2
    12-09-2013 07:26 PM
    then triple check my bill after!
    Especially this part.
    12-10-2013 07:53 AM
    So I have an none smart phone on my plan that is eligible for an upgrade. If I upgrade my phone with that to keep unlimited data do I have to keep the none smart phone on my data plan and pay the extra $9. Our can I take it off after I upgrade mine with it to keep unlimited.
    Go the Verizon forum - there is a whole thread on this

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...a-verizon.html

The basic line pays for itself because you can not only use the basic phone's upgrade, you can transfer your unlimited data line's upgrade to the basic line and use that upgrade, too and then switch the new phone to your unlimited data line. So what I do is get an iPhone with one of the upgrades and sell it to pay for the basic phone.

If you do a transfer of your unlimited data line's upgrade to your basic phone line, it extends the contract on your unlimited data line so you could drop the basic line without paying the ETF after doing that. But if you use the basic phone's upgrade, you are locked into a 2 year contract and have to pay the ETF if you drop the basic line.

Again, go to the thread I posted and read and ask questions there. Hundreds of us have followed this process and have not lost unlimited data. I just did 2 transferred upgrades in the last 2 weeks and a basic phone upgrade earlier in the year and still have unlimited data.
    12-10-2013 08:38 AM