Verizon Galaxy S3: 4.3 update questions and issues!

Hi_Tech_Redneck

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 4.3 update questions and issues!

How do you get the little green software update is ready to disappear from the task bar on top? I have no intention of updating.

Posted via Android Central App

My phone is rooted, so I got rid of it by freezing SDM 1.0 in titanium. Still on 4.1.2

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Merrilee Jones1

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

The update is available on my phone but when I tell it to update, it goes through the motions and then when it's done it doesn't actually update it says update was unsuccessful and to go into the phone settings and what not to do it that way. I did that a few times and got the same result. I tried power cycling my phone but that did not help. any suggestions?!! please help :)

Ducky4282

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

Well I accidentally hit update when I put it in my pocket. So far, no problems. I fully expect that to change. Fingers crossed tho.

Al H

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

I wish to have my phone rooted. How does one do that as I have no intention in upgrading. Is there a good diy website for that?

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

The update is available on my phone but when I tell it to update, it goes through the motions and then when it's done it doesn't actually update it says update was unsuccessful and to go into the phone settings and what not to do it that way. I did that a few times and got the same result. I tried power cycling my phone but that did not help. any suggestions?!! please help :)

Maybe that is a blessing!
Maybe they have pulled the "update" one again.
Either way, I recommend NOT installing the "update".

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

I've noticed a huge decrease in the time it takes for pictures to upload to Dropbox. It's now nearly instantaneous.
Same thing here for Photobucket. In fact, the phone no longer tells me pics were uploaded in the Notification dropdown.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

Only "annoying thing" is that when I get a sms text message, it used to display the sender and part of the text at the header and in the drop-down. Now it just says "Messaging - New Message"
Am I the only one getting this? I force stopped the messaging app and restarted but that didn't help
Same here. With a blank box, and have to swipe the screen to get the message.

ritam478

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

Well I went ahead and did the update on my phone and moved some apps over to sd card and after moving they ended up being transparent....I used a few of them no big deal.....Then tonight I went to click on one and it said it wasn't installed on my device....I was like what in the world....So I tried all of them that was transparent and guess what?/...They all have been deleted off my phone....So I went and downloaded a few of them again in the play store...ughhhh!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

I wish to have my phone rooted. How does one do that as I have no intention in upgrading. Is there a good diy website for that?
See http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1976190
- follow the steps for Method 1.
I used Casual to root my phone with 4.1.2 (MF1) and it worked fine.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Puckzzz

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

I seem to have lost my clipboard. I used to tap and hold the speach/settings button. But when I try that now I get all sorts except for my clipboard. I use it a lot so it's really annoying.

JustiB

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

I hope that I am posting this correctly! Forgive me if I am not!

Right off the bat I notice that the new update has changed my lock screen and the thing driving me crazy the most, is that the clock is off center! Silly, yes, but I am a creature of habit! Besides, it is covering a face on a pic that I chose for my lock screen, RUDE!

I am not a fan right now of the notification pop up on the lock screen either. Still trying to check around as to what else changed.

Is there a list of the changes posted anywhere?

I did notice last night that the navigation was not working correctly, but now that I am no in the car can't really test it out again. UGH!
How does one uninstall this nasty thing??

And I did contact Samsung customer service and that was not very helpful, except that they gave me this link to the "Smart Simulator" to show me the NEW features.

Support - Verizon Wireless Cell Phones SCH-I535 | Samsung Cell Phones

Best part about this "simulator" is that it is NOT showing my phone - it has diff features.

Last edited:

ascg1987

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

It seems smart alert- phone vibrates when you pick it up if you have a missed call/text. Is there any solution to this?

jscg

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

I got updated to 4.3 yesterday, and in general I like it. However, I can't get the screen timeout to stay at longer than 0 seconds. No matter how many times I change it to 30 or 1 minute under Settings-->Display-->Screen Timeout, it reverts back to 0 seconds within a couple minutes. Any thoughts on how to fix that?

Blackpearrl

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

Can someone tell me if rooting now could possibly improve the battery drain since the update, or is that a pipe dream? Thanks.

Father Time

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

So, now every time I go out of service I get a notification sound- the same sound when I get a text. As I live in a rural area, this happens a lot while driving. Running go launcher.
Any body else experiencing this?

jscg

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

I got updated to 4.3 yesterday, and in general I like it. However, I can't get the screen timeout to stay at longer than 0 seconds. No matter how many times I change it to 30 or 1 minute under Settings-->Display-->Screen Timeout, it reverts back to 0 seconds within a couple minutes. Any thoughts on how to fix that?

Amazingly, the cure seems to have been posting about it, since it immediately started working after I asked.