Verizon Galaxy S3: 4.3 update questions and issues!

rickap7

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 4.3 update questions and issues!

Anyone know where the LED notification tab went. No longer get led nots. on incoming mail,sms or missed calls any ideas?

OneTrak

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

When I am on Chrome and I go to my(samsung) home screen then re-open Chrome I can read the header but the body of the screen is all black. Any thoughts?

Smeags

May 27, 2012
Visit site

My S3 will auto reboot every time I access the clipboard. If I access the clipboard through the stock keyboard by tapping and holding microphone/setting button then tapping on clipboard the phone will freeze and autoreboot. If I go to a blank text field of any program press and hold to bring up the paste and clipboard buttons and I select clipboard the clipboard will appear. If I am lucky I can select something to paste. However it will freeze and my phone autoreboots.

I have cleared partition cache and still issue. I plan on clearing partition cache again and factory reset when I have time tomorrow.

In the meantime, please access the clipboard by the above 2 methods and see if your phone does the same. Report back if you have issues. Curious on if this is widespread or just me.

Mine does the same thing. Looks like we need to find a way to clear the clipboard without opening up the clipboard contents. That may work.

Posted via Android Central App

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

Go into settings and volume, and turn the notification volume up. At least my notifications were set with volume at 0 after updating.

My biggest issue is the occasional 2 second delay in turning the screen on with the power button.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

This worked for me too! Forgot to check my volume settings in the sound section. It was turned all the way down but it works again as soon as I turned back up! :D

Smeags

May 27, 2012
Visit site

Fixed the clipboard crash.

After my phone rebooted, which was the first reboot since doing the update last night, I went to settings>application manager>all apps>test service and clicked force close.

I then went to messaging app brought up the clipboard contents and hit clear. It worked without auto rebooting.

Not sure if that actually fixed it or if the reboot was the thing that fixed it, but it's fixed so I'm happy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

russ8128

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Ok, so I just updated my phone about 30 mins ago. Playing around with it really drained the battery. At a quick glance I don't like the updated clock on the lock screen - unless someone tells me how to "center" it. Just some things I've noticed so far:

Calendar widget is now green vs. brown
The combined inbox widget and email (not gmail) has a different look to it

Most importantly the phone seems very laggy. It's not my daily driver anymore (Nokia 928 is) but it seems very reluctant to move around. I know sometime the firmware takes a while to settle in... I've rebooted it as well. Might do a real reset to see if that brings the speedy phone I used to know back to life. Will report back on that...

ngc457

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

Smeags, the clipboard fix you posted works like a charm. I can fully interact with the clipboard now. I rebooted the phone which restarted the test service and I still have no issues. Again thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

tmabboud

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

Can anyone tell me lf my i535 on selectel wireless will update to 4.3 automatically?

Smeags

May 27, 2012
Visit site

ngc457, no problem. Glad it's working for you too.

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

Has anyone had any luck running FoxFi on 4.3?

Foxfi is not working right now. You can log in to the My Verizon app and add hotspot for $1 per day...I only used FoxFi for light tethering with my Chromebook, so it stinks to have to pay Verizon for that...but I always paid them for heavy tethering.

Airlid

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site

Battery life seems to be much worse after the update. I've lost 40% in three hours.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Ever since the update I have Samsung Hub and Verizon Cloud in my Play Store apps for an update.Can't find a way to turn them off. Any ideas?
Verizon Cloud is a replacement for Backup Assistant+ - it now includes 5GB storage (where BA was 1GB ); Samsung Hub combines a couple of their previous apps/services. If you can't disable them in Application manager (you couldn't disable BA on 4.1.2) your best bet is to update them and then deselect all the options that you can (that's how I keep BA from constantly running).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

My battery today seemed good for day one. Lately I would get home at 4pm with 50% sometimes less. Today got home with 68% :)

JSE

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

Can anyone tell me how to turn off the flash when I receive calls? I can't seem to find the setting. I know it's there, just can't find it even though it's probably staring me in the face.

Really don't like having the flash turn on every time I get a call.

Edit - This might just been when the volume is turn off on the ringer? Still need a fix though.

Jmess82

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

Battery life seems to be much worse after the update. I've lost 40% in three hours.

Same here and now even with the phone plugged in the charge cant keep up with anything. I used to be able to watch YouTube videos and the phone would still charge fully with no issue. Now my batter just continues to drop.

Looks like I'll be looking into an extended battery or something.

GC736

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
My only real gripe is it broke the folder actions that was fixed in a previous update (the 4.1.2 maybe?). I use folders on my home screen with my most used apps. When I open an app in the folder prior to 4.3, when I exited the app or pressed the home button, it would return to the home screen, with the folder closed. Now after the update, when I return to the home screen, the folder is still open. Just takes another tap of the screen or home button to close, but an annoyance nonetheless.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or know of a way to resolve the issue?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma