11-09-2014 07:52 PM
392 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I did a factory data reset and still have a lag on the pin entry screen to unlock the phone. There is also a lag when pressing the home button to wake up the screen. I also find it annoying that when apps are moved to the SD card, the icon becomes transparent. I had a Galaxy Tab 3 that allowed apps to be moved to the SD card and this wasn't a problem.

I know these are relatively minor issues but an update should be an improvement.
    12-27-2013 09:10 AM
    I keep getting a download notification of "Letter" and "Letter 2" when I try to open it get "cannot open file". The notification comes back I try swipe to ignore and it comes back again. Anyone know what this is or how I get this to stop.
    12-27-2013 10:09 AM
    I did a factory data reset and still have a lag on the pin entry screen to unlock the phone. There is also a lag when pressing the home button to wake up the screen. I also find it annoying that when apps are moved to the SD card, the icon becomes transparent. I had a Galaxy Tab 3 that allowed apps to be moved to the SD card and this wasn't a problem.

I know these are relatively minor issues but an update should be an improvement.
    I don't use a PIN lock and still get a lag between pressing the home button and the screen actually lighting up. Also the phone is slower overall when compared to CM 10.2 I was running prior to getting this update...

Posted via Android Central App
    12-27-2013 11:57 AM
    Well the lag is reduced now that I've done a factory reset. Still not great though. I remember it being much smoother when I first got the phone. I wonder if they design it into these updates so you're "forced" to get a new device.
    mdeva likes this.
    12-27-2013 02:22 PM
    Well the lag is reduced now that I've done a factory reset. Still not great though. I remember it being much smoother when I first got the phone. I wonder if they design it into these updates so you're "forced" to get a new device.
    I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories like "they built in lag to make me upgrade". Rather, I suspect you have more apps and processes running than when you first got the phone and the apps themselves likely are getting bigger and bloatier.
    ryangur likes this.
    12-27-2013 02:41 PM
    I keep getting a download notification of "Letter" and "Letter 2" when I try to open it get "cannot open file". The notification comes back I try swipe to ignore and it comes back again. Anyone know what this is or how I get this to stop.
    Go into your Downloads "app" and clear all downloads from there. That should solve the problem.
    12-27-2013 02:42 PM
    What's up with the transparent icons after moving them to external sd card?

12-27-2013 02:45 PM
    That lets you know that they've been moved, doesn't it? That way if you start having problems with an app that's been moved, it's easy to identify. (Just a guess on my part, but it seems logical to me.)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
    12-27-2013 09:25 PM
    TY GSDer
    Never thought of that.

12-27-2013 10:02 PM
    Since I downloaded the new software last week, I can no longer sync into the bluetooth in my vehicle. It used to be automatic as soon as I turned my vehicle on, but now I have to do it manually, and even then, it doesn't consistently work.

I tried re-syncing the phone onto the bluetooth to no avail. Any ideas ??
    12-28-2013 07:15 PM
    I had the same issue with my Ford Fusion. I deleted the Sync connection on my S3 and deleted the phone from my car's system. I re-paired them and it works just fine.
    wiccanpie and Vinman18 like this.
    12-28-2013 08:33 PM
    They are under the lock screen settings menu. You can turn them on and off there.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums
    How? I want camera widget in lock screen. Lock screen>Lock screen widgets>Clock or personal message. The only options available after 4.3 update are clock or customized message. How do you add camera widget to lock screen? I have Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.3
    12-30-2013 01:34 PM
    Get into Developer Options and turn the animations off.

Settings
    Developer Options - Turn it on.
    Adjust animations
    12-30-2013 05:18 PM
    I am having the same problem as you I have Verizon. I have several apps I do not want to delete because I do not want to start over in my games. I am glad I am not the only one with this problem. Verizon needs to fix this. I was so much happier with 4.1.2. it is also annoying to have to swipe to unlock after to tap on a notification in order to view it. my battery sucks much more than it used to. it was already bad but now it is much worse.
    Al H likes this.
    12-30-2013 05:24 PM

When you move an app to the SD card the icon does indeed turn transparent. But if you tap/hold/remove it from whatever page you're on then simply bring it back from your apps list it will go back to its original state.
    12-30-2013 06:14 PM
    Also I have no sd card in my phone.
    12-30-2013 06:57 PM
    Anyone know if its possible to change the lock screen wallpaper on an unrooted S3? I am on corp phone, so it's a password unlock for me, so no lock screen widgets, etc..
    12-30-2013 07:33 PM
    Since I downloaded the new software last week, I can no longer sync into the bluetooth in my vehicle. It used to be automatic as soon as I turned my vehicle on, but now I have to do it manually, and even then, it doesn't consistently work.

I tried re-syncing the phone onto the bluetooth to no avail. Any ideas ??
    If its ford SYNC, Delete your old bluetooth devices, then resync brand new, the autodefault of what the vehicle is looking for has changed a bit, so I had to, it fixed it. Let me know if thats not it..
    12-31-2013 07:04 AM
    Im having wifi connectivity issues, it cycles three times... any thoughts on how to stop that, That is the ONLY issue i am having. its almost as if the radio on the wifi weakened after the update, which i know to be false....
    12-31-2013 07:06 AM
    its almost as if the radio on the wifi weakened after the update, which i know to be false
    Just because the Wi-Fi hardware didn't change doesn't mean that Wi-Fi behavior/functionality didn't change, possibly for the worse. They commonly update the radio files (aka Baseband in Settings -> About phone), so it's possible that they made a change that's having a negative impact on your reception or connectivity. The only way to compare would be to flash the radios from 4.1.2 while keeping everything else constant.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
    12-31-2013 09:10 AM
    Just because the Wi-Fi hardware didn't change doesn't mean that Wi-Fi behavior/functionality didn't change, possibly for the worse. They commonly update the radio files (aka Baseband in Settings -> About phone), so it's possible that they made a change that's having a negative impact on your reception or connectivity. The only way to compare would be to flash the radios from 4.1.2 while keeping everything else constant.

Im not rooted.. So i cant flash them.. I guess i should.. Can you do that without rooting? I know on the fasci you had to..

12-31-2013 10:37 AM
    I am having an issue with my phone rebooting everytime I try to access the clipboard. I tried the fix that Smeags offered, but it didn't work for me. My phone isn't rooted, nor do I want to root it. I rebooted my phone several times, & the test service app I force closed doesn't restart & isn't running. Anyone have any other ideas?
    01-01-2014 12:41 AM
    I am seeing the black webpages but I just tap the screen with my finger and they go away (on chrome). Have you tried just touching the screen and moving it up or down? It has worked every time for me.
    01-01-2014 05:40 AM
    I'm having this same issue and I'm seeing these black webpages a lot, way too much for my liking. I don't like any of the other browsers and I'd like to stick with Chrome, so does anyone know how to fix this issue?
    Sorry, I forgot to include quotes. It does this on my chrome as well. However, if you just tap the screen on the part where it is black then it should reappear normal. It only does the black screen if you leave and come back. Have you tried just tapping the screen with your thumb or better yet moving it up or down like you were scrolling on the page?
    01-01-2014 05:48 AM
    I have a few issues but will keep it simple to start off. My first problem is that with the update some of the settings dont seem to be calibrated. For example, my screen is really bright on the lowest setting ( all the way to the left). Turn it all the way up it is really really bright. To compare to music it is like the screen brightness went two octaves higher. The lowest setting is still very bright. During a phone call also on speaker I couldnt turn the volume down all the way. The best I could compare it to is when someone that can't whispers tries to whisper and yet it is still loud. I wanted to turn it down to whisper and I couldn't. The lowest setting was still very high.
    01-01-2014 05:58 AM
392 ... 56789 ...