Stuck on "Odin Mode" for no reason? Screen says "Downloading... Do not turn off target !!"

rabbababba

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Re: Stuck on "Odin Mode" for no reason? Screen says "Downloading... Do not turn off target !!"

Oh my god, You are my hero! Ive had a nightmare with my Samsung s6 that only lasted 5 days before dying on me, while leaving home to study in England In september, couldnt send it to repair before i got back home to Norway for christmas, the company that sold it to me basically lost it In the system, and had a non existent customer service to Get a hold of by calling, as I got back home to Norway this summer, I went to the company, which where totally ignorant bastards who gave me the blame, and threatened to might have thrown away the phone. 3 weeks later, it shows up In the managers safe, and I receive it back today, thinking yey finally Ive got it And its been fixed. But then Ive been having this same trouble which Ive tried to solve for the last five hours. If It hadnt been fot this exact post, I seriously would have used my Samsung as a golf ball, and enjoyed the sight of it disapering In the ocean from a decent golf swing. Thank You, and thank god for androidCentral.com!

hannah 1

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: Stuck on "Odin Mode" for no reason? Screen says "Downloading... Do not turn off target !!"

I cannot do anything with my phone it just says downloading do not turn off target please can u help me

Rom-er

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

I cannot do anything with my phone it just says downloading do not turn off target please can u help me
Go to Sammobile .com or samsung-updates .com, enter your model number to find your stock firmware, download it.

Install Odin on PC.

Install USB drivers for Samsung phones.

Connect to PC with Odin open while in download mode.

Click the AP button in Odin, browse to your stock firmware, select it.

Click start in Odin, wait for the green PASS! and the device will reboot.

If it bootloops, power off the device then boot to stock recovery and wipe cache and reboot.

AleShin

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site

I useds Kies 3
1) Connect to laptop with USB , turn on Kies 3
2) Restart your device - use the power button + vol Down + home button.
3) Kies 3 will capture your device. Then go to TOOLS on Kies and click. --- Tools --> Firmware Upgrade and Initialisation.
Mine was fully restored in 35 mins
Hope it helps.

newtscamander

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site

A beautiful person on another forum had the suggestion to "press the volume down key when it was supposed to be the volume up" when you get to the screen before this downloading loop sticks the phone, and it worked! My phone rebooted, and now is booting normally.

So if this happens to you, future reader, try taking the battery, sim, and sd card out, then put the battery back in (not the other two yet), and hold down-volume, power key, and home key at the same time. When the menu comes up that says to press volume up to continue (to Odin and the downloading loop) or press volume down to restart, press volume DOWN (yes, I know, I thought it would be a waste of time too). Then press the power key only to turn the phone on like normal.

Mine is now booting properly, even after a restart. After this is fixed, you can open it back up and replace the sim and sd card. :)

I did the same thing (volume down + home button + power button). Then press volume down to restart. The samsung screen appears but it goes back to odin mode. How can i fix this? Thank you

newtscamander

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
Re: This worked!!

Okay i did this until the android logo displays (released the volume up and home key) but it goes back to odin mode. How can i fix this? Thank you

Barbara Teves

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site

i REALLY REAALY NEED SOME HELP :':)':)'(I WANT TO FIX MY PHONE BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW :':)':)'(

zerozeroone

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site

I already did that VOL.DOWN+HOMESCREENKEY+POWER then VOLUME DOWN still going back to the Odin Mode "Downloading ... DO not turn off targeting!!" what am i gonna do now ? :(

zerozeroone

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site

Same prob with me already did the tip but still it goes back to the odin mode

zerozeroone

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site

Could not do normal boot.
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME : SM-G530F
CURRENT BINARY : Custom
SYSTEM STATUS : Custom
KNOW WARRANTY VOID : 0x1 (4)
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT : None
SECURE DOWNLOAD : ENABLE

Help Me ~

from PH

ThePCExpertForum

Jul 14, 2017
Visit site

pls help. I have the same problem like the others here! I am stock on the bootloader screen. My screen looks like this:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SM-T33ONU
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0
QUALCOM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)
RP SWREY: S1, T1, R1, A1, P1
UDC START

This thing happened when i try to download TWRP. I flash the TWRP file .zip with flashify and after i reboot. And, when i reboot it shows this screen!
PLEAAAAAASE HELP:'(

Rom-er

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

pls help. I have the same problem like the others here! I am stock on the bootloader screen. My screen looks like this:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SM-T33ONU
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0
QUALCOM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)
RP SWREY: S1, T1, R1, A1, P1
UDC START

This thing happened when i try to download TWRP. I flash the TWRP file .zip with flashify and after i reboot. And, when i reboot it shows this screen!
PLEAAAAAASE HELP:'(
You need to flash your stock firmware using Odin in PC.

You have a device that has a locked bootloader. Devices with locked bootloader can't flash anything that IS NOT stock. That means you can't flash TWRP/CWM custom recovery and you cant flash CM/AOSP/LineageOS ROMs. You have to unlock your bootloader first, and that's only IF it "can" be unlocked, most Samsung bootloader these days can't be unlocked at all. Those devices will never be able to use TWRP.

Do a Google search for:

"Return to stock (your model number)"

That will probably give you search results containing your stock firmware, the tools to flash the firmware and instructions for how to flash it.

anna_cocovacs

Aug 26, 2017
Visit site

Okay I have not seen anyone on here with my problem, so here it is. I have a Samsung Galaxy Notepro 12.2 Model SM-P900. I rooted it this evening after having it unrooted for the past 6mo. Things went fine, then I downloaded TWRP manager and then proceeded to install TWRP install so I would have that new boot menu so I could install a custom ROM. Watched the Youtube videos and read a few tutorials and thought I knew what I was doing.... NOPE! after installing the so called TWRP bootloader I ended up with the following
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SM-P900
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 1
AP SWREV: A1

Then a Green Android in the middle of the screen with message below it saying: "Downloading..." and below that "Don't turn off target!!"
Power + Down + Home gets me another screen that says Warning, A custom OS can cause problems in phone and installed applications.
If you want to download a custom OS, press the volume up key. Otherwise, press the volume down key to cancel.

Up gets me to what I described above...
Down takes me to a screen that looks like the Odin Mode, but it does not have all of that text. Just a green android in the middle of the screen. Below the Android is "Downloading..." below that is "Do not turn off target!!"

Can someone tell me how I get back into my table onto the home screen or have I bricked my device rendering it useless????

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Did anyone help you? I have the SAME PROBLEM RIGHT NOW. Thanks!!

Viktir

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site

'Did you try turning it off then back on?'

Just kidding xD

- Try entering recovery mode, if you don't know how search in google.

- If you can go to recovery clean cache. I will suggest to clean data too.

- Reboot

- If you can't enter to recovery;
You are in: Download_mode-brick

Rom-er

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

Did anyone help you? I have the SAME PROBLEM RIGHT NOW. Thanks!!
Connect to Odin while in download mode(android screen with all the writing in the top left corner), flash your stock firmware.

jsjacksgirl

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site

The most important thing to remember here is taking out battery for a couple of minutes, then SIM card and sd card. If you have built in battery and know how to remove then try as last option. Taking out SIM card and sd card should work. Press volume down (-) button, home button and power button. Next screen tells you to continue or Volume Down to continue. Make sure you press volume down - button and galaxy will reboot normally.

edward meintjes

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site

The most important thing to remember here is taking out battery for a couple of minutes, then SIM card and sd card. If you have built in battery and know how to remove then try as last option. Taking out SIM card and sd card should work. Press volume down (-) button, home button and power button. Next screen tells you to continue or Volume Down to continue. Make sure you press volume down - button and galaxy will reboot normally.

OK, so what do you do if you tried all this, but the phone only boots to a simple odin mode screen with writing only in the left top corner :
Odin mode(multi core download)
product name: sm-j110f
current binary: samsung official
system status: custom
secure download: enabled

there is no android robot or anything else on the screen???
no buttons have any affect, any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois