Stuck on "Odin Mode" for no reason? Screen says "Downloading... Do not turn off target !!"

jambulat mikadze

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Stuck on "Odin Mode" for no reason? Screen says "Downloading... Do not turn off target !!"

THANKS MATE.

I've registered only to reply this guy :)

VOL DOWN+HOME+POWER BUTTON , at same time when device is turned off. then you'll see menu and push VOL DOWN button. That's All

dhan shrestha

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Stuck on "Odin Mode" for no reason? Screen says "Downloading... Do not turn off target !!"

i am in trouble, since my rooted grand prime4.4.4(sm-g530h) stuck in downloading mode(odin) due to flashing twrp. it can not boot in normal mode. should the post be posted here? if yes. i need an extreme help please suggest or guide to get out of this problem if someone knows.

dmarreaga

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site

My samsung tab 3 is stuck on that exact same screen. How do I fix it?

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site

Did you get an answer?> My ph is stuck on Downloading now. Im just looking thru replies
rgds Peter

sly violet

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site

Alright so this is what happened. Since around 2 days ago, my Galaxy S 3 would have a black screen pop up for literally no reason, and it would mean it's turned off. My phone's also been really slow and laggy these days, especially when I'm trying to type. I kinda figured that it was lagging a lot and then died because overuse or something? I really don't know. I wasn't overusing it more than normal.

Anyway, I'd be using an app (like Facebook or Snapchat) then it would black screen/power off. It wouldn't power on if I pressed the home button or power button, so I took out the battery then put it back in. In the past 2 days I've done this a lot... (my charger has also been weird and won't charge unless it's in a certain position... so my phone's been on low battery or dying quick)

Right now, I've taken out the battery then turned it back on and now when I turn it on it's stuck on a weird screen... it has the android logo, and says "Downloading... Do not turn off target !!" And on the top left corner in small print, it says "Could not do normal boot. ODIN MODE."

I don't know what to do :( :( Please help! I really didn't install anything and am not downloading anything? It's so weird. I don't know what "root" means. (I googled my problem but all these terms are so confusing) I really don't know anything about phones so please try to explain things in a way I would understand? D:

This isn't my picture, but I found it when I searched it up. This is what it looks like.
View attachment 97569

Ok this is what I did,I pressed the power button then the home button and last I pressed the volume button up then down then all of it.It turned right back on.

OnlyThanKs

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site

God bless you! I find you finally really THANKS A LOT! i am so happy!

Bhanu22

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site

thank you!!!!!!! u are a life saver ...i nearly died of a heart attack :'(

Immerse

May 8, 2016
Visit site

already did this, but my phone keeps on rebooting. Pleas help, I would trully appreciate it :(

Arkiih

May 10, 2016
Visit site

Thank you so much cause i dropped my phone in the toilet and i let it sit in rice without the battery in the phone and the screen still showed up and then i searched it up so thank you:p:D

Silly_kitty420

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site

In odin mode in a s6 plus an ******* ex changed verizon username/ email and password. How do I get my phone back!? Plz!

sweetntwisted217

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
This worked!!

I pulled the battery then instead of holding all three keys down at the same time i did as follows:

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
When the Samsung GALAXY GRAND Prime logo screen displays, release only the Power key
When the Android logo displays, release the Volume Up and the Home key ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight 'wipe data / factory reset.'
Press Power button to select.
Press the Volume down key until 'Yes -- delete all user data' is highlighted.
Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
When the master reset is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device.

Rom-er

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

In odin mode in a s6 plus an ******* ex changed verizon username/ email and password. How do I get my phone back!? Plz!
When you say "get my phone back", what exactly do you mean?

Concerning your Verizon account/password, Verizon should be able to help you with that if you prove your identity.

Are you just trying to get signed back into your phone?

You mentioned Odin, what were you using Odin for? Does your device need its stock firmware restored or something?

I can help you, I just need to know exactly what you are trying to do and exactly what you want to recover.

Ogtwizsfv

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site

I pulled the battery then instead of holding all three keys down at the same time i did as follows:

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
When the Samsung GALAXY GRAND Prime logo screen displays, release only the Power key
When the Android logo displays, release the Volume Up and the Home key ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight 'wipe data / factory reset.'
Press Power button to select.
Press the Volume down key until 'Yes -- delete all user data' is highlighted.
Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
When the master reset is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device.

OK this is getting closer to my problem, I have a rooted verizon s4, the boot loop robot isn't really the problem, I was in the middle of flashing a recovery and trying to install firmware for xposed, and I obviously did something wrong somewhere because even in recovery booting , after I wipe date/factory reset, when I reboot after that the blue light on the front of my phone comes on and won't load past the verizon logo. I believe I was getting close to a solution last night after many hours with a pc, but not quite fixed it, and when I say not quite I mean it's not fixed. And now I'm not near a computer. Is there anyway past this right now? Even after allowing it to stay on the verizon logo part of when it boots up, I let it sit for hours and still nothing. Ugh any suggestions?

booth1989

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site

thank you so much I really started getting frustrated

Olayinka19

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site

Alright so this is what happened. Since around 2 days ago, my Galaxy S 3 would have a black screen pop up for literally no reason, and it would mean it's turned off. My phone's also been really slow and laggy these days, especially when I'm trying to type. I kinda figured that it was lagging a lot and then died because overuse or something? I really don't know. I wasn't overusing it more than normal.

Anyway, I'd be using an app (like Facebook or Snapchat) then it would black screen/power off. It wouldn't power on if I pressed the home button or power button, so I took out the battery then put it back in. In the past 2 days I've done this a lot... (my charger has also been weird and won't charge unless it's in a certain position... so my phone's been on low battery or dying quick)

Right now, I've taken out the battery then turned it back on and now when I turn it on it's stuck on a weird screen... it has the android logo, and says "Downloading... Do not turn off target !!" And on the top left corner in small print, it says "Could not do normal boot. ODIN MODE."

I don't know what to do :( :( Please help! I really didn't install anything and am not downloading anything? It's so weird. I don't know what "root" means. (I googled my problem but all these terms are so confusing) I really don't know anything about phones so please try to explain things in a way I would understand? D:

This isn't my picture, but I found it when I searched it up. This is what it looks like.
View attachment 97569
Try holding the power+vol up+home key buttons, it worked for me.
I hope it does work for you also.

Rom-er

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

OK this is getting closer to my problem, I have a rooted verizon s4, the boot loop robot isn't really the problem, I was in the middle of flashing a recovery and trying to install firmware for xposed, and I obviously did something wrong somewhere because even in recovery booting , after I wipe date/factory reset, when I reboot after that the blue light on the front of my phone comes on and won't load past the verizon logo. I believe I was getting close to a solution last night after many hours with a pc, but not quite fixed it, and when I say not quite I mean it's not fixed. And now I'm not near a computer. Is there anyway past this right now? Even after allowing it to stay on the verizon logo part of when it boots up, I let it sit for hours and still nothing. Ugh any suggestions?

What stock android version did your device have before you flashed recovery?

Verizon devices with 4.3 or newer stock firmware have locked bootloader and can't flash a custom recovery, that bricks the device, especially the S4, some aren't revivable and forever dead when flashing TWRP on locked bootloader. Did you research any of this before you flashed?

Go to Sammobile .com or samsung-updates .com and enter your model number in their search feature, find your stock firmware and flash it with Odin.

Do a Google search for:

"Verizon S4 i545 return to stock"

That should give you links to everything you need.

One more thing, make sure you flash exactly the android version you had to begin with or a newer firmware, DO NOT flash any firmware that is older than what you had, locked bootloader devices can't be downgraded, you can only flash the same or newer, there is no going back in versions. Downgrading firmware also bricks the locked bootloader devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown