07-22-2015 10:16 PM
80 1234
tools
    Unfortunately, Eion, this isn't an option on my phone; if you get "There was a network error", all you can do is click on OK...
    Scroll down in the message box and put a check in the don't show again box. You don't have to click ok only. It's just some lame message proba ly to get people to buy something they dont need. Oh didn't realise you were off topic of the thread. In that case I wont delete this but instead say go start another thread relavent to your issue.
    Android Fixer 3 likes this.
    02-21-2014 08:14 AM
    I'll repost the fix I found this has worked for my S3 it has also worked on a couple of my friends phones.

-Power the device off (remove and re-insert the battery).
    -Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
    -When the device vibrates; release only the Power key while still holding the other two keys.
    -When the Android system recovery menu displays; release the Volume Up and the Home key.
    -Navigate with the Volume keys to the "wipe cache partition" option and press the Power key to select.
    -Wait for the cache is cleared. While reboot system now is highlighted, press the Power key and reboot the device.
    This worked for me. I hope it works for you.

-dawghowse
    Thank you very much ! I too created an account just to reply. This network issue just started for me. Your method thus far has resolved it.
    03-02-2014 05:46 PM
    So, why am I getting this error message everytime I connect to any wifi. Home, work, friends house, it doesn't matter.
    It's random when the error message appears.
    Anyone have a clue?
    Reply From Android Fixer 3 I having this problem to I fixed it by resting the Samsung galaxy s3 or any device similar to it after you do that you can go on settings And press Wifi aslo then press your work home school network Example my network is called Sky□□□□□ Forget it and try it againas you do that it will generally go the message Thanks for listening if this does not work reply Notmystuff thanks the subject are Resting your phone=Your phone needs a rest from putting messaging Network meand your phone reshes No 1 post
    03-05-2014 02:33 PM
    It worked seems likeit got alot faster. I cleared the cache twice for just in case. Tnx again
    03-15-2014 08:02 AM
    Thanks so much dawghowse!!! This worked for me as well! Many thanks!
    03-17-2014 09:41 AM
    Static ip address fixed it for me on my note 3 running 4.3. Use ip address that won't conflict with other devices on your network by setting last digit of ip in 60 to 80 range. Example xxx.xxx.xxx.60 where xxx is same as what dhcp assigned. On mine I set it to 192.168.0.66
    03-22-2014 01:48 PM
    Unfortunately, the problem was back before the end of that day. Factory reset did not fix it either. Very frustrated at this point............
    03-27-2014 07:47 AM
    Thanks so much! Just what I needed.
    03-28-2014 02:09 AM
    Unfortunately, the problem was back before the end of that day. Factory reset did not fix it either. Very frustrated at this point............
    Are you having any problems with your WiFi? If not, next time you see the message, bring up the message itself and just tick the "don't show this message anymore" box instead of worrying about it. You'll never see the message again, and if it isn't giving you useful information you don't need to see it. I did that, and I don't see the message any more (of course), and my WiFi here at home is just fine. I think that this is a case of having the conditions that cause this message to be generated just a little too tightly wound, so that if your WiFi drops a little for a second (which WiFi does, as a matter of course), you get this message.

As long as your WiFi is working for you, you don't need to be seeing this message *smile*.
    03-28-2014 07:32 PM
    Tried the reset, new kitkat android firmware and also the clear cache. Did only work for a few days.
    What also works for a short time is setting the phone on a fixed ip. Then the internet will remain stable for a few days, and then the error will return again.

The Samsung S4 (and probably more models) probably have a problem with dual band routers. The phone connects to the wifi network, but still can not get data from it. Turning off the 5Ghz band (so the router only works at 2Ghz), also solved the problem.... for a few days....

So, I threw away my TP-link modem and bought the Asus RT-AC68A. The problem was away for a few days, but after that, the error came back.
    I have the same problem on 2 phone's (both are Samsung S4), so it can not be that 1 phone is defect.
    It simply must be some design defect in the S4.
    Nothing that I can solve.

Samsung should have solved this issue, it has been there for long time now.
    04-18-2014 06:10 PM
    I'll join the list of those who have opened an account simply to say that Dawg's advice worked for me. Thank you.

Interestingly my S3 was previously replaced for exactly this problem, as Tesco/O2 were unable to resolve it previously.
    Once again thanks Dawg xx
    04-27-2014 09:09 AM
    How do I do firmware upgrade on my router cos I think my router definitely needs that. Thanks
    05-02-2014 04:18 PM
    Well, this may not totally solve the problem but it reduces the trouble to a great extent.
    I found this app called connection stabilizer booster and it helped me.

It is available on Google Play
    05-18-2014 05:01 AM
    Update the firmware on your router. D-Link just put out an update specifically for Galaxy products on 6/13. Belkin is probably around the same time.
    4 months old , but good info. I'll have to check on that for my Belkin.

AC App on SGS3
    05-18-2014 06:50 AM
    How do I do firmware upgrade on my router cos I think my router definitely needs that. Thanks
    1. Download the latest firmware for your router from the OEM support site. Save it on a computer connected to the router via an ethernet cable. If the firmware file has the extension ".zip", then extract it. The actual firmware file should have an extension like ".trx" or ".chk" or ".bin", or something like that. Not ".zip" *smile*.

2. Go into your router web administration interface as administrative user. If you don't know how to do that, it's in your router's owners manual, that you can download from the router's OEM web site (Linksys, Netgear, Asus, etc.).

3. Find the "Firmware Upgrade" functionality in your web admin interface, usually it's under "Administration". Generally, you'll have to select the firmware upgrade file that you downloaded before you can do a firmware upgrade.

Be sure to write down your router configuration settings before actually doing the upgrade, you'll need to re-enter them.

4. Do the firmware upgrade.

5. Reset the router to factory defaults. Generally there is more than one way to do that....one of the more reliable ways is to use the reset button on the back of your router, press it in and hold it for about 10 or 15 seconds. When you see the power light on your router blinking, you've reset it. If the power light on your router doesn't blink, that's fine, just be sure to hold the button in for 10 or 15 seconds.

If you know how to reset your router to factory defaults using the web admin GUI, you can also reset it that way.

6. Manually re-enter your router configuration siettings.

At this point you're done. This is a general procedure. I'd recommend you going to the knowledge base on the router manufacturer's support web page for your specific router and find out how the OEM recommends upgrading the firmware on your router for any specifics relating to your router.
    05-19-2014 03:09 AM
    Thanks you Dawghowse that worked.
    05-26-2014 05:20 AM
    I'll repost the fix I found this has worked for my S3 it has also worked on a couple of my friends phones.

-Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
    -When the device vibrates; release only the Power key while still holding the other two keys.
    -When the Android system recovery menu displays; release the Volume Up and the Home key.
    -Navigate with the Volume keys to the "wipe cache partition" option and press the Power key to select.
    -Wait for the cache is cleared. While reboot system now is highlighted, press the Power key and reboot the device.

-dawghowse
    Just signed up to say thanks. This worked a treat for me.
    06-01-2014 05:18 PM
    Thanks a bazillion. Your suggestion worked!

-dawghowse
    06-22-2014 06:36 PM
    It worked for me too!! Signed up to say thanks
    And for me too brilliant.
    06-25-2014 05:08 AM
    So, why am I getting this error message everytime I connect to any wifi. Home, work, friends house, it doesn't matter.
    It's random when the error message appears.
    Anyone have a clue?
    I just restarted my modem. Problem solved.
    07-28-2014 05:27 PM
    Please check the mobile data option and turn it off then u connect wifi i think your problem will be solved.
    08-10-2014 10:59 PM
    me too, thank you very much.
    08-12-2014 03:08 AM

-dawghowse
    Thanks, it worked for me to!
    08-16-2014 10:39 AM
    My phone's internet do not allow me to do anything, the problem started after restoring the setting,
    please i need your help.........
    08-20-2014 11:55 AM
    Welcome to the forums!
    My phone's internet do not allow me to do anything, the problem started after restoring the setting
    Are you using the Mobile data connection or the Wi-Fi connection or both?
    Are you using the stock Internet app?
    Is it just Internet that doesn't work, or are you having a connection problem with everything (Google Play Store, Google Maps, etc)?

When you say that the problem started 'after restoring the setting', do you mean that you did a Factory Reset?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    08-20-2014 01:24 PM
80 1234