Galaxy S3: Your Internet connection is unstable.

linda b46

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I'll join the list of those who have opened an account simply to say that Dawg's advice worked for me. Thank you.

Interestingly my S3 was previously replaced for exactly this problem, as Tesco/O2 were unable to resolve it previously.
Once again thanks Dawg xx

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Your Internet connection is unstable.

Update the firmware on your router. D-Link just put out an update specifically for Galaxy products on 6/13. Belkin is probably around the same time.

4 months old , but good info. I'll have to check on that for my Belkin.

AC App on SGS3

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

How do I do firmware upgrade on my router cos I think my router definitely needs that. Thanks

1. Download the latest firmware for your router from the OEM support site. Save it on a computer connected to the router via an ethernet cable. If the firmware file has the extension ".zip", then extract it. The actual firmware file should have an extension like ".trx" or ".chk" or ".bin", or something like that. Not ".zip" *smile*.

2. Go into your router web administration interface as administrative user. If you don't know how to do that, it's in your router's owners manual, that you can download from the router's OEM web site (Linksys, Netgear, Asus, etc.).

3. Find the "Firmware Upgrade" functionality in your web admin interface, usually it's under "Administration". Generally, you'll have to select the firmware upgrade file that you downloaded before you can do a firmware upgrade.

Be sure to write down your router configuration settings before actually doing the upgrade, you'll need to re-enter them.

4. Do the firmware upgrade.

5. Reset the router to factory defaults. Generally there is more than one way to do that....one of the more reliable ways is to use the reset button on the back of your router, press it in and hold it for about 10 or 15 seconds. When you see the power light on your router blinking, you've reset it. If the power light on your router doesn't blink, that's fine, just be sure to hold the button in for 10 or 15 seconds.

If you know how to reset your router to factory defaults using the web admin GUI, you can also reset it that way.

6. Manually re-enter your router configuration siettings.

At this point you're done. This is a general procedure. I'd recommend you going to the knowledge base on the router manufacturer's support web page for your specific router and find out how the OEM recommends upgrading the firmware on your router for any specifics relating to your router.

Cheeky21

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site

I'll repost the fix I found this has worked for my S3 it has also worked on a couple of my friends phones.

-Power the device off (remove and re-insert the battery).
-Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
-When the device vibrates; release only the Power key while still holding the other two keys.
-When the Android system recovery menu displays; release the Volume Up and the Home key.
-Navigate with the Volume keys to the "wipe cache partition" option and press the Power key to select.
-Wait for the cache is cleared. While reboot system now is highlighted, press the Power key and reboot the device.
This worked for me. I hope it works for you.

-dawghowse

Just signed up to say thanks. This worked a treat for me.

AnitaGranola

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks a bazillion. Your suggestion worked!

I'll repost the fix I found this has worked for my S3 it has also worked on a couple of my friends phones.

-Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
-When the device vibrates; release only the Power key while still holding the other two keys.
-When the Android system recovery menu displays; release the Volume Up and the Home key.
-Navigate with the Volume keys to the "wipe cache partition" option and press the Power key to select.
-Wait for the cache is cleared. While reboot system now is highlighted, press the Power key and reboot the device.

-dawghowse

mmartinez27819

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site

-dawghowse

Thanks, it worked for me to!

kikwembe bhita

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3: my phone's internet is unstable

My phone's internet do not allow me to do anything, the problem started after restoring the setting,
please i need your help.........

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3: my phone's internet is unstable

Welcome to the forums!
My phone's internet do not allow me to do anything, the problem started after restoring the setting
Are you using the Mobile data connection or the Wi-Fi connection or both?
Are you using the stock Internet app?
Is it just Internet that doesn't work, or are you having a connection problem with everything (Google Play Store, Google Maps, etc)?

When you say that the problem started 'after restoring the setting', do you mean that you did a Factory Reset?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Rai80

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

I have just followed Dawghouse advice and I am hopeful that it will work, this internet connection unstable thing has been driving me mad!

PiratePatch

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site

I seem to have fixed this on my S3 (GT-I9305) and am posting what I found to see if it helps anyone else.

Like all posters i've been getting the 'connection is unstable' messages, can't remember when it started. I tried the cache wipe and factory reset but it made no difference.

After the factory reset I looked at the at the settings of the WiFi network connection:

1) Go to Settings-->Wi-Fi
2) Long press on your wireless network connection to get the menu then select 'Modify Network Config'
3) Tick 'Show advanced options'

I noticed that the proxy server settings under 'Proxy settings' was set to 'Manual' even though there was no proxy server or port entered. You can't create a connection like this as you can't save the connection without entering a proxy server or port so it must have been created like that when the network connection was setup.

I selected 'None' in 'Proxy settings' and immediately the unstable connections warning went away and hasn't come back. This is worth checking if you've tried the other fixes and still have the problem.

Crazycruz

May 19, 2015
Visit site
As suggested, i did factory data reset, wipe partition cache, forget wifi connection and reconnect to wifi, Switch off/on modem. I call to Samsung technical team, my internet service provider and followed whatever they suggested. Samsung blame to internet provide and internet provide blame to Samsung mobile. I have Samsung S3 handset with OS 4.3. This mobile has wifi connection but i can't get internet access. It shows a message 'your internet connection is unstable'. But i have Samsung Duos, Samsung S2 and Samsung Tablet that work well with the same internet service. Is there anyone knowledgeable than Samsung and internet provider technician?. I will appreciate your help.

Rachael Shaw

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Firstly Thank you to dawghowse for increasing my knowledge of the 'DOS' behind Samsung Galaxy. Enlightening.

Hi everyone,
Please be patient with me, I've recently migrated from iPhone to Android galaxy S3.

I've been tryin to download a . Doc file.*
My iphone does this quickly
on the galaxy Crome also does this quickly
but whenever I try with stock browser it throws up a problem with your network issue after hanging the download for ages and saying it was unsuccessful.*

I'd prefer to stay with the stock browser, can someone explain to me what is going on and how I can fix this issue with the stock browser throwing up this network issue when Crome doesn't.

Things to note:
.doc file is very small
I do not have SIM installed
wifi is reliable
wifi s set to stay on in standby

I appreciate any help

Thank you
Rachael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member