07-22-2015 10:16 PM
80 ... 234
tools
    I have just followed Dawghouse advice and I am hopeful that it will work, this internet connection unstable thing has been driving me mad!
    10-15-2014 12:30 PM
    I seem to have fixed this on my S3 (GT-I9305) and am posting what I found to see if it helps anyone else.

Like all posters i've been getting the 'connection is unstable' messages, can't remember when it started. I tried the cache wipe and factory reset but it made no difference.

After the factory reset I looked at the at the settings of the WiFi network connection:

1) Go to Settings-->Wi-Fi
    2) Long press on your wireless network connection to get the menu then select 'Modify Network Config'
    3) Tick 'Show advanced options'

I noticed that the proxy server settings under 'Proxy settings' was set to 'Manual' even though there was no proxy server or port entered. You can't create a connection like this as you can't save the connection without entering a proxy server or port so it must have been created like that when the network connection was setup.

I selected 'None' in 'Proxy settings' and immediately the unstable connections warning went away and hasn't come back. This is worth checking if you've tried the other fixes and still have the problem.
    12-14-2014 01:26 PM
    Honestly? All I did to fix this was to forget the connection then rediscover it put in the key and boom, all fixed.
    01-26-2015 03:25 PM
    As suggested, i did factory data reset, wipe partition cache, forget wifi connection and reconnect to wifi, Switch off/on modem. I call to Samsung technical team, my internet service provider and followed whatever they suggested. Samsung blame to internet provide and internet provide blame to Samsung mobile. I have Samsung S3 handset with OS 4.3. This mobile has wifi connection but i can't get internet access. It shows a message 'your internet connection is unstable'. But i have Samsung Duos, Samsung S2 and Samsung Tablet that work well with the same internet service. Is there anyone knowledgeable than Samsung and internet provider technician?. I will appreciate your help.
    05-18-2015 10:00 PM
    Firstly Thank you to dawghowse for increasing my knowledge of the 'DOS' behind Samsung Galaxy. Enlightening.

Hi everyone,
    Please be patient with me, I've recently migrated from iPhone to Android galaxy S3.

I've been tryin to download a . Doc file.*
    My iphone does this quickly
    on the galaxy Crome also does this quickly
    but whenever I try with stock browser it throws up a problem with your network issue after hanging the download for ages and saying it was unsuccessful.*

I'd prefer to stay with the stock browser, can someone explain to me what is going on and how I can fix this issue with the stock browser throwing up this network issue when Crome doesn't.

Things to note:
    .doc file is very small
    I do not have SIM installed
    wifi is reliable
    wifi s set to stay on in standby

I appreciate any help

Thank you
    Rachael
    07-22-2015 10:16 PM
80 ... 234