Booting Into Recovery Mode Post 4.3 Update

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone. I'm trying to wipe my cache and data via recovery mode since my phone has become a little laggy since the update. I am holding the volume up button, the home button, the power button to achieve this. It says in the upper right corner "Recovery Booting" or something along those lines in blue but then disappears. Nothing happens until I take my fingers off and then it boots up normally. I have left my fingers there for almost an entire minute w/ no luck.

Anyone have any ideas or possibly another way to achieve this? Trying to avoid a factory reset since the upgrade but it might have to happen if the lag doesn't improve.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
My phone is laggy too. Frustrating.
Wiping the cache did no good.
Looks like a factory reset is in order. Damn. I was hoping to avoid that.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, went ahead and did the dirty. Phone is snappy again.
Probably take me a week to get it back how I like it.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, went ahead and did the dirty. Phone is snappy again.
Probably take me a week to get it back how I like it.

That sucks, man. I just wiped the cache and it's much, much better. I still think I might have to go that route a little bit down the line but I really hope not to.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Actually, it worked for the better. Got a nice fresh start on things, and cleaned out my Play store list of apps. Got rid of old ones I tried and deleted.
Would be nice if Google let you edit that list on a PC. Had to use the phone to delete them one-at-a-time, then return to the TOP of the list after each one.
That is just plain ridiculous.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Would be nice if Google let you edit that list on a PC.
Can't you login to your Google Play Store account and delete them there?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yep, that's true...I looked into that a while ago. Google doesn't have the functionality to delete apps from the Play Store end of things yet. You can uninstall the ones that it will let you delete on the phone, or you can use something like Titanium Backup on the phone (if you're rooted) to freeze or uninstall apps. But, unfortunately, you can't do it from the Play Store end. Too bad, that would be really nice if you could just delete them out of the Play Store and they would just disappear off your phone *smile*. I guess that would be too easy...you can install them from the Play Store, why can't you delete them from there?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt