Phone Randomly Powers Down

flippy1016

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Around the end of November my S3 randomly starting shutting down so Verizon sent me a replacement, stright out of the box the replacement started doing the same thing. I am on my 3rd phone and it is still doing the same thing, I have no apps installed and it continues to power down The only way I can get it to come back on is to connect it to my charger. I've rebooted in safe mode so 3rd party apps were disabled, I've done a factory reboot. Nothing is working

Verizon is telling me my only options at this point are to use my upgrade and buy a new phone, send my old phone into Samsung for them to try to fix the issue and i could be without a phone for up to 14 days, or I can purchase a new battery and see if that resolves the issue.

Help please! :'(

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Maybe your battery is depleted. You said the only thing you can do to power it on is to plug it in. And as far as I know when they send you a replacement they don't send a new battery.

Posted via Android Central App

flippy1016

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
That is correct Panda, they only send the phone no battery no back plate. My mom has the S3 also I was going to steal her battery for a day or two and see if that really is the issue.

Thanks!