Lock for uninstall???

Calibraxis

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Im not too familiar with the galaxy s 3. Is there a lock that would prevent you from uninstalling a download? I can get to download screen and choose uninstall for the icon, but icon does not disappear. Am I missing something?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It depends on the program you're trying to uninstall:
- 98% of the applications that are installed on the phone are normal applications, and all you have to do is go to the Google Play Store link for that app and select Uninstall
- another 1% require the app to be Deactivated before it can be uninstalled
- the last 1% usually have some mumbo-jumbo process that you have to follow in order to uninstall them - those steps can be found in the Google Play Store Description for the app (these apps are often disguised on the phone with a different name, or no icon at all)

Of course, you can also go to Settings -> More (if using the Tab view) -> Application manager to uninstall apps. If you have to deactivate an app prior to uninstalling it, go to Settings -> More (if using the Tab view) -> Security -> Device administrators and uncheck the item you want to deactivate, then uninstall it.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro