Galaxy S3: Either my phone bricked itself or my battery went bad...

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
So I was using my phone normally when it shut off and will not turn back on. It had 63% battery level. I tried removing the battery for a few minutes charging it, tried getting into recovery nothing works. I was running carbon 4.2.2 version 1.8 stable since July with absolutely no issues. The only other thing I can try is putting another battery in it. Which I can't do until tomorrow at work where I could borrow my friends battery. Are these batteries known to just completely crap out all of sudden? If anyone has any other suggestions I would appreciate it. In the mean time looks like I'm going to have to bring my Droid x back to life ugh this sucks.

Sent from my Xoom using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Either my phone bricked itself or my battery went bad...

charging it
After removing the battery for a few minutes and then reinserting it, when you connected the charger did you see the red LED briefly? Or the charging graphic?

What about if you remove the battery and connect the charger - do you briefly see the red LED?

If neither of these occur your phone may be toast.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

Yeah tried everything nothing happens. Going to take it into verizon today see ehat they can do. I dont have insurance...

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

Welp the phone is dead. The guy at the verizon store said there was nothing they could do since i dont have inaurance. So I called verizon spoke with a manager and all she could do was waive the $30 avtivation fee when i upgrade to the S5. Oh woopie! I tried everthing told her i have been with verizon for 15 years pay almost $400 a month for all my verizon services blah blah. She wasnt budging. All i wanted was a replacement. Oh well as you can see by my signature i activated my droid x. This phone is unusable its painful to use. Ugh!

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

Maybe it's time to say goodbye to Verizon. Tmo can't wait and will pay your termination fee.

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

You could contact a JTAG service (ex: http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerce.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-jtag-brick-repair/) - that's pretty much the last option.

If the mainboard turns out to be toast you could at least sell the screen assembly online.

BTW, the Moto X is a great off-contract phone for the price; that way you could skip a new two year contract.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

Thanks, I'm actually really tempted by the Note 3. I just have to get over the size. What do you guys think note 3 or wait for the S5?

Sent from my Xoom using AC Forums mobile app

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Wait for the Note 4...:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance