How to change default dialer on S3?

twerden22

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm not crazy about the stock dialer so installed DialerOne. Only problem is I can't get the phone to recognize and use it. I've seen previous suggestions to go to apps and remove defaults from the dialer app but the only app there is the Phone one (the icon is the standard green square) and there are no defaults set. Is there a way to change it like I used to be able to on my HTC? Or has Samsung built in the dialer so deep you can't replace it? Thanks for the assist.

bsannes

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
In app manager make sure you are under the "All" tab and find the phone app. Also make sure you have the Dialer one app on the dock. If you still click the Phone icon it will take you to samsung's phone app.

twerden22

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info, replacing the icon is what I suspected I would need to do. I'm not clear on the first part; when I go to the all tab and find the phone app, it does not have any defaults listed. So, if I replace the Phone icon with the DialerOne icon, I can see how that would bring up the new app for me to place calls. But, how do I tell it when a call comes in to use that app instead of the Phone app?

Doug McRae

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm struggling with exactly the same issue. I've cleared all defaults everywhere but still the old phone app picks it all up. I've tried to get 2GIS dialler and Dailer One to work on a Sony Xperia Go and a Samsung Galaxy S4 but the stock dialler consistently takes over at the point of ringing someone or receiving calls.

Is there something fundamental that I'm missing?

Cheers

blitzkc

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
The description in play store doesn't say anything about dialer one answering calls.

AC App on SGS3

I recently started using grooveIP with ringto
Groove does all the dialing for me. Everything else appears to just be a front end for the default phone app.

I have switched to VoIP so I can still have a smartphone without paying for a cell phone contact.

I think this was the original poster wanted also.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL