Do you want to test my app?

tonylmiller

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a friend with Alzheimer's disease who still lives alone. I wrote an app for him, so his family can tell when he leaves home and returns. The app uses text messages to notify up to 5 people when you leave home and when you return. You have to set your home location in the app.

I'm going to set up a group of testers. If you send me your email address via pm, I will send you an invite to download the app from the play store.

You will need an Android phone with gps capabilities and the ability to send text messages. No server is used for this app, so no private information is sent anywhere. It simply sends text messages to the people you specify when you leave home and return.

I want to know how well it functions on various devices, bugs you find, and how much it drains your battery, along with suggestions for improvement.

I'm calling it alpha for now, but it is working pretty well. This will be a free app, with advertisements hopefully supporting my app development habit.

Let me know if you want to participate. Your hep will be greatly appreciated.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
That's actually a brilliant idea. I can see is usefulness in a lot of applications. Parents with latch key children etc. 👍

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3