Did Samsung just push an update to my long-time-rooted S3!?

pwoznic

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I posted on another forum, but figured I should post everywhere I can!

I have been rooted since I got the s3 pretty much around launch. Today around lunch I noticed an update download progress so I swiped down, long-touched, and the process said SDM 1.0. It had just finished downloading and then telling me to install now/later.. I paniced and put Later and then I specified 10am tomorrow... maybe I should have killed it?

Anyway, why the heck did I get this notification? I have been rooted forever loving my Dandroid ROM... will my phone screw me over by installing 4.3 tomorrow?

I have twrp 2.4.4.0 installed and making a backup now just in case, but I'm worried that it's going to install 4.3. I have never had an OTA alert since rooting.

My ROM is 4.1.2 and I like it the way it is. :)

pwoznic

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I found out how to fix the issue in case anyone else runs into this problem:

Use a file explorer (I used Root Explorer) to go into /system/app and delete "SDM 1.0." Then, you have to delete update.zip that downloaded to /cache/fota (again, I used Root Explorer). I had one extra prompt when deleting SDM 1.0, and it was basically an "Are you sure?" type of question. For update.zip, I did not have that prompt.

I found out that if I had let the update install, I would lose my ROM and go to 4.3 or 4.4 whatever is out there now. I love my rooted 4.1.2. It has served me well. :eek:)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar