Slow, Laggy S3.

FuzzieKiwi

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
As title says.. I'm having a hard time texting people, the keyboard just freezes up and lags behind my typing.

It is rooted, but only so I could get a few little mods on it.
Tried clearing cache, rebooting, also changed the animation settings.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

Is the phone in general slow, or just the keyboard?
Did you clear cache and clear data for the keyboard app?
Have you tried booting into Recovery mode and clearing the system cache?
What about using a different keyboard?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Limjelo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
As title says.. I'm having a hard time texting people, the keyboard just freezes up and lags behind my typing.

It is rooted, but only so I could get a few little mods on it.
Tried clearing cache, rebooting, also changed the animation settings.

Right there with ya. The update in January-ish destroyed any pep this thing had. Did a factory reset and it's still the same. Can't wait to get the LG G3 or some other option later on this summer.

Posted via Android Central App

GLAT

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree... looking forward to my upgrade though I might wait for the note 4

I went to place a phone call and hit the call button and it took 6 seconds to pull up the number pad....this is the norm for me. I don't even do much on my phone just read the news and text.

My wife's is the same way and she doesn't do much with her phone either... real laggy

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I went to place a phone call and hit the call button and it took 6 seconds to pull up the number pad
Perhaps all your phone needs is a Factory Reset and clear system cache - it takes ~1 second for the dial pad to come up after I select the Phone app.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

GLAT

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I have thought about the factory reset option. I have a cleaner on the phone that supposedly frees up RAM and memory don't know if that helps or not, seems to after I run it.

anon(6142785)

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I have thought about the factory reset option. I have a cleaner on the phone that supposedly frees up RAM and memory don't know if that helps or not, seems to after I run it.

Freeing up ram is not a good idea. It will automatically free up as needed.

Posted via Android Central App

twin100

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
This section might be hidden on some phones, but it’s very easy to access. On many phones, you just have to open a certain page in the settings and tap a button seven times. Use Google to figure out how to enable Developer options on your phone if it’s currently hidden (for example, search “enable developer options HTC One”).

Once you have access to Developer options, simply scroll until you find the following three settings, which may be located on the main screen or within an “Advanced” subsection:

Window animation scale

Transition animation scale

Animator animation scale

Tapping each of the three aforementioned settings will reveal that it’s set to “1x” by default. If you want to speed up your phone or tablet dramatically, simply change each of those three settings to “.5x” — that’s it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay