Getting horrible reception!

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Here for the past month I've been getting horrible reception in my area (stl) where I never had issues.

I constantly pull my phone out of my pocket to 1x or no signal at all. I thought it was the internal antenna so I got a replacement.

Still having issues. Got my mobile set to lte/cdma.

Any help?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Which are you having a problem with - your cellular signal or your mobile data signal or both?

If your phone was rooted you could try switching to 3G using Advanced Signal Status http://market.android.com/details?id=com.cc.signalinfo just to see if it makes any difference.

Frankly it sounds like a carrier issue - do you have any friends on the same network, and are they experiencing similar issues? When you got your phone replaced did you specifically ask Customer Support if they were updating towers in the areas where you were having problems?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Im having problem with both. Ill have no cell signal and have 1x, not 3g or 4g. My wife has a S3 and doesn't seem to have this problem as I do. So im not sure whats going on

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
My wife has a S3 and doesn't seem to have this problem as I do.
Well, it's unlikely (though not impossible) that the refurbished phone that you got has the exact same problem as your original one. Your SIM shouldn't have anything to do with your cellular signal, but that's probably the only thing in common between the two phones, so it wouldn't hurt to get another one.

Why isn't Verizon troubleshooting this for you? That's what you're paying outrageous monthly fees for.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk