S3 Owners How are You Holding Up?

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering how are those who bought the S3 on VZW holding up as I am trying to get off my RAZR M in case we don't ever see KitKat. I am currently weighing my options between the Galaxy S3 and the BlackBerry Z10. Both are available at $160 Excellent condition online. I am wondering how is battery life, signal strength, and speeds etc.

I use my phone for productivity (email, heavy day usage, web browsing, viewing docs etc.) will this phone be supported until 2015? Or should I go with the Z10 because it will for sure be supported for at least another year?

lkovach

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering how are those who bought the S3 on VZW holding up as I am trying to get off my RAZR M in case we don't ever see KitKat. I am currently weighing my options between the Galaxy S3 and the BlackBerry Z10. Both are available at $160 Excellent condition online. I am wondering how is battery life, signal strength, and speeds etc.

I use my phone for productivity (email, heavy day usage, web browsing, viewing docs etc.) will this phone be supported until 2015? Or should I go with the Z10 because it will for sure be supported for at least another year?

Seriously, go for the S4. The S3 is almost 2 years old at this point, which means it's at the end of it's support. The S4 will still be supported for at least another year or you can get the S5 and be set for a couple years.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Seriously, go for the S4. The S3 is almost 2 years old at this point, which means it's at the end of it's support. The S4 will still be supported for at least another year or you can get the S5 and be set for a couple years.

S3 is cheaper.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
How is battery life?

It is great. Also, if you don't like the battery life, you can just take your battery out, and then pop a higher-capacity one in. You can buy a new battery for like 20 dollars.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
It is great. Also, if you don't like the battery life, you can just take your battery out, and then pop a higher-capacity one in. You can buy a new battery for like 20 dollars.

That`s good.On a related note I just swung by Target for something unrelated to phones but while I was there I checked out the S3 and it felt real nice in hand. I was surprised the S5 was pretty nice as well. If only it was cheaper!

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
That`s good.On a related note I just swung by Target for something unrelated to phones but while I was there I checked out the S3 and it felt real nice in hand. I was surprised the S5 was pretty nice as well. If only it was cheaper!

Have you considered the S4?

phoneaddict78

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
They're having good deals on s4s now too. The s3 is a good phone, I still have my old one. Samsung phones are supported the best out of all Android phones for accessories I think.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I dumped my BB Storm, and the email functions were better, but I'll stay w/my Droid. It will improve over time. Just thank GOD that it's not like the first gen Storm, that was a year of hell for me,......... :(

Not $160 off contract like the S3. The S4 starts in the $200+ range.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
They're having good deals on s4s now too. The s3 is a good phone, I still have my old one. Samsung phones are supported the best out of all Android phones for accessories I think.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

S4 and up still have a lot of value in terms of off contract pricing. I just a want a phone with at least 2GB of RAM because 1GB of RAM is frustrating for browsing on Chrome and some apps like Feedly perform badly.

Last edited:

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: Found the Droid DNA for a similar price as S3. Should go for it or is the S3 better?

Edit: Found the Droid RAZR Maxx HD too.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Def razr maxx hd for battery life.

The dna is better but much worse battery life

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Def razr maxx hd for battery life.

The dna is better but much worse battery life

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Will the performance be worse than my Razr M? The specs are the same and the Maxx HD is pushing a 720p screen. I am already having performance problems with some apps on my Razr M I can only imagine doing that pushing more pixels. Chrome is very RAM intensive as is Feedly.

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I still like my S3 and don't feel like it has battery life issues, but I charge it frequently and have never really put it to the test as far as battery life goes. Still, the Razr Maxx's specialty is its long battery life, so if that's crucial to you, that would be a big plus for you. I also have an Anker portable charger so that keeps me covered when I know I'll be away from a charging opportunity for a while. Check out in person both phones and see which one you prefer - both the S3 and the Razr Maxx are good phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv