S3 won't boot up after KIT KAT update (Verizon)

luixgui

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
My phone received the software update last week. After that, it started acting up weird and freezing up a lot.

Yesterday, My phone's battery died, I switched to a fully charged battery and it would not turn on.

I checked that both batteries were fully charged by leaving them overnight in a wallcharger.

The phone doesn't do anything. When I connect the phone to the charger, the red light comes on like if it is charging, and shows the battery loading image. Which shows it at FULL. But nothing else. I try to turn it ON and sometimes the SAMSUNG screen comes up but then reboots again.

Unable to start it on SAFE MODE.

Help please.

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
My phone received the software update last week. After that, it started acting up weird and freezing up a lot.

Yesterday, My phone's battery died, I switched to a fully charged battery and it would not turn on.

I checked that both batteries were fully charged by leaving them overnight in a wallcharger.

The phone doesn't do anything. When I connect the phone to the charger, the red light comes on like if it is charging, and shows the battery loading image. Which shows it at FULL. But nothing else. I try to turn it ON and sometimes the SAMSUNG screen comes up but then reboots again.

Unable to start it on SAFE MODE.

Help please.

Download the latest firmware from sammobile .com
Then Reflash your phone by ODin
[GUIDE] How to flash a stock rom with odin

Silent Patriot

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I seem to remember having a similar problem with the GNex. Can't recall if it booted up while plugged into external power with the battery removed, or if I had inserted the battery afterwards, but it did end up booting back up. Seems odd that the LED was red and not green if plugged in overnight and fully-charged; but, there is a known issue with the battery-status icon having a red-X on it while connected to some chargers - it's a stretch, but maybe related to your issue.

lebeauc

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I had the same reboot issue after updating mine to 4.4.2. It booted the first time but was extremely slow. It ended up rebooting on me shortly after the initial boot after the update and it never booted up again after that. I booted into recovery, tried clearing cache, but that didn't help. I ended up doing a Factory Data Reset which worked. Now I'm having issued with the GPS not starting with Maps or any GPS program. Location is enabled but when I open Maps or GPS Status the Location Icon doesn't show up. I can get it to work if I cycle location off and back on a few times, but it's extremely frustrating to have to do that. I may just re-load the rom as mobilecrackers suggests above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol