Anyone notice radio quality difference between 4.3 and 4.4.2?

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Seems like the radios that came with the 4.3 updates (ML1) were better than the NE1 radios in 4.4.2.

Anyone else notice this? Or is my phone a little off-kilter?

Thanks.

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Bars don't always tell the whole story - something like SignalCheck Lite http://market.android.com/details?id=com.blueline.signalchecklite may help to quantify what's actually going on under the hood.

MrDoh - you could try flashing just the radio files from 4.3 to see if you can confirm your hypothesis.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Not sure that would help...after all, some radios don't work well with some releases, no matter how well they worked with the one that they were designed for. I could try ML1 on NE1, and see what happens, though. Could be better, and I can always go back if it isn't.

Given that I don't have custom recovery on 4.4.2, I'd have to flash with odin. Seems like it would be okay, since it doesn't touch the phone part, or bootloader, etc. but you never know. Need to look into that one to be sure before I jump.

Thanks.

Edit: asking around, I was just told that if I try to downgrade any part of my phone that it will hard brick. Don't want to risk that, so I'll live with the problem for 3 months until I can upgrade far far away from Samsung.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1