Upgraded to Galaxy S5 from S3 and Verizon didn't transfer everything.....

MrsDowFire

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I still have the Galaxy S3 and would like to make sure I have everything that didn't get transferred. I noticed some things mostly pictures that didn't transfer because they weren't on my SD Card. Also my SMS or MMS didn't get transferred and I'd like to get those. I didn't know about SMS Backup+ until yesterday and have downloaded it to my new phone. Wish I had that installed on the S3 but didn't. Is there anyway to recover those from my S3 now that it is deactivated?

I plugged the S3 into the desktop via USB and have been poking around but not really sure what I should look for before resetting the phone to factory.

Anything else I should look for to transfer or have I covered most everything?

Thanks everyone,

MrsDowFire

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
How do I find this on my deactived S3? "storage/emulated/0" I believe that is where I need to look for SMS and MMS but haven't been able to locate that folder? Can anyone help me?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

Even though the S3 has been deactivated you should be able to use it in Wi-Fi only mode and install apps, etc.

I'd suggest using the Kies software on your PC to backup everything from the S3 and then to restore what you need to the S5. Kies is the only thing I'm aware of that will backup/restore MMS - lots of other things will handle SMS but not MMS.

When you use the MyFiles app that should default to your internal memory (the thing you defined as /storage/emulated/0).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

MrsDowFire

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
thank you for your reply. I didn't realize this could be done. I've learned my lesson to not let the store transfer my stuff in the future. I just downloaded Kies on my pc and backing up my new phone and then I will back up the S3.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey