Verizon Galaxy S3 stuck powering up just shows name.

Jonah Sitar

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
I have tried to reboot this phone holding down the volume up, home and power button. Even plugged it into my laptop to see if it would download its software from being connected nothing has worked can someone help me fix this please its a Christmas present.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Christmas this year? Then it's in warranty. Bring it in to Verizon for an exchange. An older one, out of warranty? See if you can get into download mode (Volume Down/Home/Power). If you can, download Odin (to your PC) and the ROM for that model S3 from SamMobile Firmwares (make sure it's the right country/carrier) and flash the ROM.

If it can't get into download mode, you'll need a Samsung Dongle. (You can get ripped off for about a buck including shipping for one on eBay.) If there are no instructions, search samsung dongle and you'll find a lot of sites with instructions. (It's trivial.) Those things are used to bet totally bricked Samsungs into download mode. (Totally bricked means that the phone reacts about the same way a brick does - nothing at all, not even a quick flash of the back button.)

If even the dongle doesn't work, most likely the motherboard is fried. It would probably be a bit cheaper to have it replaced than to buy a new S3.

Jonah Sitar

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
It's a used phone. I'm pretty sure it was rooted before it started acting like this and its not completely bricked when i power the phone up it goes to the name screen and thats it. I can get into the download screen. how can i tell which country this phone came from???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy