Why is this here?

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I came here not to troll but since I am waiting for the S4 to be available on Verizon I thought I would make use of the time to see if HTC One users were happy. Looks like they have the same wait on Verizon too. Once I filter out the fan boy and hater stuff, on occasion I find something useful. Back to the AT&T sub I guess.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I came here not to troll but since I am waiting for the S4 to be available on Verizon I thought I would make use of the time to see if HTC One users were happy. Looks like they have the same wait on Verizon too. Once I filter out the fan boy and hater stuff, on occasion I find something useful. Back to the AT&T sub I guess.

There is no wait on the "HTC One". It will not be coming to verizon as the HTC One. I have a thread in the rumored devices section about this. Just a FYI, not being a jerk.

Also, there was an article today I saw on Appy Geek, on which the head of HTC PR said if a new device was coming to Verizon, we'd be hearing about it loudly. He reiterated that the HTC DROID DNA is their hero device for Verizon, as it's specs will hold up "through 2013".

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Since they announced the Lumia 928 already, it's either HTC One, DNA+ or VoLTE.

Posted via Android Central App

Or possibly Firefox phones!

Last edited:

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Some Twitter interaction
@VZWSupport hoping the HTC One is added soon! Hoping this is the announcement on 5/22 at CTIA
VZW Support

@VZWSupport
@mdlissner Keep hope alive! We appreciate your patience! ^JHK

- - - Updated - - -

]

Last edited:

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
If you read the thread in the rumored devices section, this is what a Verizon rep told me. I can't fathom he'd make up what he said and lose a sale, though I guess I can't discount it either. It is entirely possible Verizon had no plans on carrying the device and backpedaled on it after seeing the huge success it had become. Holding out for the next DNA as an exclusive while not carrying the same phone the other 3 major carriers are is indeed Verizon style.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
If you read the thread in the rumored devices section, this is what a Verizon rep told me. I can't fathom he'd make up what he said and lose a sale, though I guess I can't discount it either. It is entirely possible Verizon had no plans on carrying the device and backpedaled on it after seeing the huge success it had become. Holding out for the next DNA as an exclusive while not carrying the same phone the other 3 major carriers are is indeed Verizon style.

This sort of thing doesn't happen overnight. It's far more likely and conceivable that the One was always slated to head to Verizon as opposed to VZW thinking, "Oh shoot, maybe we should have placed an order for the One!"

More likely VZW was working out business details with HTC which took a few weeks longer than intended.