Official Verizon HTC One

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Good! I still resent VZW for taking their sweet a** time, but I'm glad this wonderful phone will be available to even more customers.

ilhe1s

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm almost 100% sure that I will get this device. Only thing holding me back is to see what the X Phone and the New Nexus handset are. Forget the Google Edition cause Android is about options and I'd rather have the option to use Sense or AOSP.

anon(42011)

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Have the HTC One on Tmo (Couldnt wait for VZW) but will probably cop this .....depending on when it drops and what else is out at that time...

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
The HTC One will be competing with the new Moto X by the time this rolls out. The S4 will have already found its audience on Verizon simply for lack of competitive available devices. Sorry DNA owners, no insult intended, it's still a nice phone but not quite in the league these others play in. (well at least One and S4, Moto X is still vaporware but I like the Made in USA thing that has going for it already).

Come on Verizon, I got some HTC One money burning a whole in my pocket over here!

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I want the VZW HTC One too but... do you guys think we'll get a Google Edition? pff probably can't hold out for that though anyway. Man I want this out soon! rather than July or something. :confused:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I doubt there will be a Google edition.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

Nephilim13

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The Google Edition is only going to be available on AT&T and T-Mobile because it will be an AOSP phone and therefore only work with the GSM networks in the US. Verizon and Sprint are CDMA (read: closed) networks and not part of the AOSP.

That is why you can't buy an unlocked HTC One for Sprint.

ilhe1s

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I want the VZW HTC One too but... do you guys think we'll get a Google Edition? pff probably can't hold out for that though anyway. Man I want this out soon! rather than July or something. :confused:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

The Google Edition is only going to be available on AT&T and T-Mobile because it will be an AOSP phone and therefore only work with the GSM networks in the US. Verizon and Sprint are CDMA (read: closed) networks and not part of the AOSP.

That is why you can't buy an unlocked HTC One for Sprint.

Don't get me wrong I love AOSP and Open but why would you want a GE One. These phones have features that will be lost with AOSP. I'd rather buy my Sense One and Root if I want AOSP so I have an option to go back and forth.

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
So glad Big Red is getting this phone, I was considering two options, leave Big Red to get better phone options or just get the SG4. I Played with the SG4 in the Verizon store and its good but just didn't have that WOW factor. So today at the mall I stepped into the AT&T store and checked out 2 phones side by side. I took out my thunderbolt and compared the sizes to both the actual screen size is only slightly bigger and both phones overall size was slightly bigger but still comfortable. So before even touching them I noticed the One had a brighter screen. I picked up the One first exited the demo mode and went to YouTube and opened the official trailer for Man of Steel. WOW the video was crisp clear sound was awesome and loud, no lag while watching video, no buffering and while checking the apps it operated crisp with no lag, it just rocked. I then did the same on the SG4 went to YouTube and it couldn't even load the same video was taking for ever just kept the little buffer spinning circle, so after getting the evil eye from the misses outside the store I gave up waiting and left the store. I did like the camera when I played with it at the Verizon store.But I like the feel of the One better than the SG4 I am not a fan of the plastic backing just feels cheap and I know how the start to wear as my Thunderbolt has a plastic back and its loose now. Now if we can just get a release date and specs that would be nice!!!!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm un-anxiously waiting for this phone to come out. I picked up an S4 off contract, and let's just say I'm a little underwhelmed. I switched from a DNA (which was lag free) to a "better" phone in the S4 which can't even keep up with my typing it lags so much. I want to love this phone, but it has solidified my love for HTC and to get the One. Hopefully I get a date for the One before my 14 days are up so I can return this thing!

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
So looking at the supposed pics of the Butterfly 2 on the main page all I have to say is this: Goodbye Droid DNA (say hello to my wife) and heeeellloo Droid DNA 2 (unless Moto releases some more juicy info on the X soon)

Posted via Android Central App

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
So looking at the supposed pics of the Butterfly 2 on the main page all I have to say is this: Goodbye Droid DNA (say hello to my wife) and heeeellloo Droid DNA 2 (unless Moto releases some more juicy info on the X soon)

Posted via Android Central App

This actually worries me that Verizon is going to wait for this to come out and make sure it's limited to 16gb. Unless they let us use SD cards, I'll not be getting a 16gb phone.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I was in Best Buy getting my dad's father's day present yesterday and the HTC One display was staring at me as I was walking in. Literally taunting me. Verizon needs to release a date A S A P.

I also finally saw the black one and still dig the silver/aluminum combo more.

Noremacam

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I was in Best Buy getting my dad's father's day present yesterday and the HTC One display was staring at me as I was walking in. Literally taunting me. Verizon needs to release a date A S A P.

I also finally saw the black one and still dig the silver/aluminum combo more.

I've heard the black color scratches off, and makes otherwise unnoticeable scratches very noticeable. My fear is verizon will only release a red edition or some colored edition that faces the same issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos