Who is done waiting and jumping to the 32GB Galaxy S4 on Verizon

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Verizon announced the 32GB Galaxy S4 availability. Ordering starting Saturday 6/29, shipping by 7/3.

I think I am waiting until 7/3 and then pulling the trigger if we do not have a release date from Verizon on the HTC One.

MrEsy

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I'll never buy the S4. The construction is way too off. The plastic, shape, etc. just isn't my style. To each his own though.

If anything, the best thing to do to spite the release would be to switch carriers then get the One, since I'm pretty sure it's more Verizon's fault than HTC's, but obviously that's far less economical.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I've waited this long .... might as well wait a little longer. I just really hope I can get the thing before I move and/or start my new job.

I would totally switch carriers if it was an option. But I'm moving somewhere with pretty spotty coverage, and we all know Verizon has the best nationwide coverage. I've looked at coverage maps just to be sure.I'm also on my parents' family plan so my monthly bill is a lot cheaper. I so wish I could change so I could get this darn phone though.

LukasPodolski

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I feel like by the time this phone comes out, the next hot new phone will be just on the horizon...anyone know what that will be? I know it will probably get announced the day after I buy my verizon htc one....

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Motorola has three phones they're releasing between now and the new year. Moto X, which seems to be a mid range, low price phone. Then two new versions of the RAZR.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I jumped earlier to the S4 and now I'm waiting again to jump to the HTC whenever it finally comes. (although by then it should be in the old model clearance section) ;)

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the S4 has more dev support..... considering it.
Even in the T-Mobile and AT&T forums there doesn't seem to be as much development on the HTC One compared to the S4. When was the S4 launched vs the One?
Do you think the VZW One will get much support?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Army21

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
This lag comment is new. And that's just what mine was. I haven't had one that bad in years..

Also Jose if you don't want to read my comments head on back to the sprint section. This is a Verizon conversation maybe its the verizon bloatware that caused it.

Last edited:

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
LAG machine with more storage. I traded mine away after 2 weeks.

The S4? I've read a couple of comments about it stuttering, but that's just the touchwiz crap. If you loaded up an AOSP ROM or GE ROM it'd probably run better.

Regulator

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I got tired of waiting and got the One from AT&T. I was a Verizon customer for 12 years so it was a big change for me. It has been definitely worth it. This phone is awesome. I came from the Incredible 2 before this. I also got the One for $100 which would probably take a couple months for Verizon to drop the price to that level.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
This lag comment is new. And that's just what mine was. I haven't had one that bad in years..

Also Jose if you don't want to read my comments head on back to the sprint section. This is a Verizon conversation maybe its the verizon bloatware that caused it.

I've played wit my sis s4 and I'll say I didn't see any lag at all not even at the demo model.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Victory LTE using Tapatalk 2

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Dont get all **** hurt man. As all of us know we try to help others no matter what phone or carrier they have. Yeah I have sprint it's good enough for me. My S4 never lags. If you can't say something and prove it don't say it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
The S4? I've read a couple of comments about it stuttering, but that's just the touchwiz crap. If you loaded up an AOSP ROM or GE ROM it'd probably run better.

my touchwiz crashes at least once per day or more.

rbiowa

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Tired of waiting. Got ONE from local AT&T store. Left AT&T after my iPhone 3G. The network was terrible. Since I have 14 days to try it out (requested a temporary number), thought I'd give them another shot. Performance around home is great (actually better than VZW). Now I'm headed to Wisconsin for the holiday weekend. If there are no issues, I'll be converting my VZW number over to my ONE on AT&T.

Army21

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Tired of waiting. Got ONE from local AT&T store. Left AT&T after my iPhone 3G. The network was terrible. Since I have 14 days to try it out (requested a temporary number), thought I'd give them another shot. Performance around home is great (actually better than VZW). Now I'm headed to Wisconsin for the holiday weekend. If there are no issues, I'll be converting my VZW number over to my ONE on AT&T.

Post up you experience after the holiday

mtva24

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I just broke down and ordered that Black Mist 32 GB S4 for $299 w/ a $50 mail in rebate. That means the VZW HTC One will be announced tomorrow lol.
I still have 1 more upgrade, hopefully Verizon will get the HTC One Max on time or Butterfly S. I just had to get rid of this Galaxy Nexus! Best of luck to everybody on your wait....stay patient, you will not be disappointed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles