Are you still going to be getting the Verizon One?

Are you still going to be getting the Verizon One?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bm96

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Just making a poll to see what you guys are going to be getting if it's the HTC One or if you've already changed your mind about it.

Vote, I'm interested to know before the phone finally releases or if you've already decided to wait for the G2 or the Moto X, or even the 5S.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Where's the "maybe" option?
For me it depends on 2 factors. The first is what the Droid Ultra is like. That's the phone I'm leaning towards but I'll check it out when its released and if I don't like it then the One would be on top of my list. The second factor is when will they get it. If I don't like the Ultra and if there's no indication the One will come out any time soon, I'll end up going with a GS4.

Bm96

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
For me it depends on 2 factors. The first is what the Droid Ultra is like. That's the phone I'm leaning towards but I'll check it out when its released and if I don't like it then the One would be on top of my list. The second factor is when will they get it. If I don't like the Ultra and if there's no indication the One will come out any time soon, I'll end up going with a GS4.
I agree with that but I don't think you should drop the One for the S4, it's not worth it, but I guess that's my opinion. Unless the Ultra is a phone you really want then there is probably no point in getting it unless you have had droids in the past. The droid series is so unappealing for me.

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna get it but since I have to buy 3, I may make Verizon wait till "SOMETIME LATE WINTER" (my official tweet) hoping the price will be dropped to either $49 or $99!!!!! :))

Frankie15

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm still bitter about how Verizon is handling this device, but I'll likely still get it when it does eventually release.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I have to wait until Oct 17 .... So I guess I will compare the One with the Droid Ultra, iPhone 5s, Moto X, and the G2 (if it's out by then), and yes even the SGS4. Dang now that I think of it, maybe the Note 3 will be out by then.

We haven't had that many top choices on VZW in a long time.

ses2017

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I left big red after 12 yrs due to their handling of their releases, including the One. So I am not, since I have the At&t. Also love the plans they have. Tired of waiting for flagship releases that took them an additional 4-6 months after the other carriers. Made the phones irrelevant at that point, but we were still paying vz's premium prices on them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

It'll be like the Moto X, since you know, it's basically the same phone in a different shell.

Air Force

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm a VZW customer since it was AirTouch. I also worked for VZW for awhile. Things were hush hush on release dates on anything. I know they are pushing Motorola hot and heavy right now. None of my old connections will say a thing to me other than they hope to introduce the HTC One. No "by when" here sports fans.

I'm like you and can't wait... yet I won't go to another carrier that has less than service!

Frankie15

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Welp, I dropped my phone about 1 foot face first onto concrete and received a beautiful cracked pattern. Looks like I was meant to get the HTC One anyways!

Frankie15

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
What? :-X The G2 is nothing special

I would have to disagree with you there. The G2 (spec wise) is superior to any other phone available right now including the HTC One due to the Snapdragon 800.

I am still getting the HTC One though because I can't stand the feel of plastic phones. I'm also skeptical towards buying an LG phone.

Bm96

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I would have to disagree with you there. The G2 (spec wise) is superior to any other phone available right now including the HTC One due to the Snapdragon 800.

I am still getting the HTC One though because I can't stand the feel of plastic phones. I'm also skeptical towards buying an LG phone.

Yea, good specs are great to have on your phone but it's the way the processor and OS services it. Apple's operating system runs flawlessly when compared to a higher spec phone even when it has an "older" processor. Another OS that runs great is in Windows phones, runs smooth and flawless, but it's nice to have better specs for gaming and such.

I just don't think the G2 is even worth looking at, here's why for me:

1. The UI is WAY way way.. too similiar to Touchwiz
2. It's plastic
3. No removable memory
4. Power and volume buttons on the back of the device? What if I want to use the phone when it's laying down on the table? Unusual button placement that I just can't see myself getting used to.
5. Copying the "Smart Cover" idea from Samsung also incorporating the view window.
6. Animations are too similar to those on Galaxy devices

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Welp, I dropped my phone about 1 foot face first onto concrete and received a beautiful cracked pattern. Looks like I was meant to get the HTC One anyways!

Maybe if you look at the cracked pattern just right it will tell us the release date ;)

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I talked with my wife about leaving VZ for AT&T, but she wasn't having it. She's been on VZ for too long and hasn't had any problems with her (i) phones soooooooo I'm stuck with VZ. So my options are HTC One, Moto X, or Maxx. Those are the only phones I'm thinking about.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12