View Poll Results: Are you still going to be getting the Verizon One?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I'm definitely going to be getting the phone the day it comes out

44 51.16%
  • Yes, but I'm still waiting until my upgrade is available (screw paying full price!)

8 9.30%
  • Yes but on another wireless carrier, screw Verizon!

1 1.16%
  • I've already bought another phone, I couldn't wait any longer

12 13.95%
  • No, the One is already outdated, I'm waiting for another phone to come out

21 24.42%
  • No! Definitely not I hate the HTC One

0 0%
09-03-2013 04:50 PM
58 123
tools
    Just making a poll to see what you guys are going to be getting if it's the HTC One or if you've already changed your mind about it.

Vote, I'm interested to know before the phone finally releases or if you've already decided to wait for the G2 or the Moto X, or even the 5S.
    08-07-2013 06:49 PM
    Yes, I probably will if I can afford it.
    Bm96 likes this.
    08-07-2013 06:59 PM
    I believe its a myth .
    08-07-2013 07:33 PM
    Where's the "maybe" option?
    For me it depends on 2 factors. The first is what the Droid Ultra is like. That's the phone I'm leaning towards but I'll check it out when its released and if I don't like it then the One would be on top of my list. The second factor is when will they get it. If I don't like the Ultra and if there's no indication the One will come out any time soon, I'll end up going with a GS4.
    08-07-2013 08:35 PM
    For me it depends on 2 factors. The first is what the Droid Ultra is like. That's the phone I'm leaning towards but I'll check it out when its released and if I don't like it then the One would be on top of my list. The second factor is when will they get it. If I don't like the Ultra and if there's no indication the One will come out any time soon, I'll end up going with a GS4.
    I agree with that but I don't think you should drop the One for the S4, it's not worth it, but I guess that's my opinion. Unless the Ultra is a phone you really want then there is probably no point in getting it unless you have had droids in the past. The droid series is so unappealing for me.
    08-07-2013 08:51 PM
    I'm gonna get it but since I have to buy 3, I may make Verizon wait till "SOMETIME LATE WINTER" (my official tweet) hoping the price will be dropped to either $49 or $99!!!!! )
    08-07-2013 09:07 PM
    I'm still bitter about how Verizon is handling this device, but I'll likely still get it when it does eventually release.
    rookie83 and cllaur28 like this.
    08-07-2013 09:23 PM
    I have to wait until Oct 17 .... So I guess I will compare the One with the Droid Ultra, iPhone 5s, Moto X, and the G2 (if it's out by then), and yes even the SGS4. Dang now that I think of it, maybe the Note 3 will be out by then.

We haven't had that many top choices on VZW in a long time.
    Bm96 likes this.
    08-07-2013 09:32 PM
    I hope it doesn't have their branding all over it.
    08-07-2013 10:55 PM
    I left big red after 12 yrs due to their handling of their releases, including the One. So I am not, since I have the At&t. Also love the plans they have. Tired of waiting for flagship releases that took them an additional 4-6 months after the other carriers. Made the phones irrelevant at that point, but we were still paying vz's premium prices on them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-07-2013 11:02 PM
    It'll be like the Moto X, since you know, it's basically the same phone in a different shell.
    08-07-2013 11:13 PM
    I'm a VZW customer since it was AirTouch. I also worked for VZW for awhile. Things were hush hush on release dates on anything. I know they are pushing Motorola hot and heavy right now. None of my old connections will say a thing to me other than they hope to introduce the HTC One. No "by when" here sports fans.

I'm like you and can't wait... yet I won't go to another carrier that has less than service!
    08-08-2013 12:47 PM
    Welp, I dropped my phone about 1 foot face first onto concrete and received a beautiful cracked pattern. Looks like I was meant to get the HTC One anyways!
    08-08-2013 03:50 PM
    Welp, I dropped my phone about 1 foot face first onto concrete and received a beautiful cracked pattern. Looks like I was meant to get the HTC One anyways!
    It's a sign!
    Frankie15 likes this.
    08-08-2013 04:37 PM
    The LG G2 has piqued my interest even more than the one

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    08-08-2013 07:36 PM
    The LG G2 has piqued my interest even more than the one

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    What? The G2 is nothing special
    08-08-2013 07:58 PM
    What? The G2 is nothing special
    I would have to disagree with you there. The G2 (spec wise) is superior to any other phone available right now including the HTC One due to the Snapdragon 800.

I am still getting the HTC One though because I can't stand the feel of plastic phones. I'm also skeptical towards buying an LG phone.
    rookie83 likes this.
    08-08-2013 08:00 PM
    I would have to disagree with you there. The G2 (spec wise) is superior to any other phone available right now including the HTC One due to the Snapdragon 800.

I am still getting the HTC One though because I can't stand the feel of plastic phones. I'm also skeptical towards buying an LG phone.
    Yea, good specs are great to have on your phone but it's the way the processor and OS services it. Apple's operating system runs flawlessly when compared to a higher spec phone even when it has an "older" processor. Another OS that runs great is in Windows phones, runs smooth and flawless, but it's nice to have better specs for gaming and such.

I just don't think the G2 is even worth looking at, here's why for me:

1. The UI is WAY way way.. too similiar to Touchwiz
    2. It's plastic
    3. No removable memory
    4. Power and volume buttons on the back of the device? What if I want to use the phone when it's laying down on the table? Unusual button placement that I just can't see myself getting used to.
    5. Copying the "Smart Cover" idea from Samsung also incorporating the view window.
    6. Animations are too similar to those on Galaxy devices
    08-08-2013 08:43 PM
    Maybe if you look at the cracked pattern just right it will tell us the release date
    Bm96 likes this.
    08-12-2013 11:21 AM
    I talked with my wife about leaving VZ for AT&T, but she wasn't having it. She's been on VZ for too long and hasn't had any problems with her (i) phones soooooooo I'm stuck with VZ. So my options are HTC One, Moto X, or Maxx. Those are the only phones I'm thinking about.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    gamefreak715 likes this.
    08-12-2013 12:52 PM
    I'm not sure about LG phones either, or mostly LG bloatware, but don't 90% of all phone users cover their phones with a "plastic" case and hardly ever see what is underneath? So who cares if it is light plastic or heavier metal under there? You never see it.
    08-12-2013 01:11 PM
    I'm not sure about LG phones either, or mostly LG bloatware, but don't 90% of all phone users cover their phones with a "plastic" case and hardly ever see what is underneath? So who cares if it is light plastic or heavier metal under there? You never see it.
    Cases? Gross.
    paul-c, ki11ak3nn, Almeuit and 4 others like this.
    08-12-2013 03:05 PM
    My Nexus has been naked for about 80% of its life. I feel like phones with curves need to be shown off. Just gotta be careful not to drop them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    jeverts likes this.
    08-12-2013 04:54 PM
    Cases? Gross.
    Agreed sir... Agreed .

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    ki11ak3nn likes this.
    08-12-2013 07:25 PM
    I'm not gonna pay premium prices for a phone that's pushing 6 months old. I waited till July, then I went with the GS4. Had the One been available, I'd have bought it. I despise Verizon but I live in a rural area and have no choice.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
    08-17-2013 07:58 PM
58 123