ONE "supposedly" out in 3 days but not a soul at VZW knows anything about it?? EDIT: THEY DO KNOW!

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
ONE "supposedly" out in 3 days but not a soul at VZW knows anything about it?? EDIT: THEY DO KNOW!

I have spoken to a different rep at VZW every day, for the past 3 business days.
They not only have NO CLUE as to when the One will ship, but they don't even know its coming to Verizon either.

Why on earth would a world renowned, publicly traded company NOT alert its salespeople to an impending release of such an in-demand phone nor offer any pre-sale?
You would think that both things would not only assist in/increase potential sales but possibly stop people from leaving VZW prematurely, in-lieu of moving to another carrier.

Makes no sense to me.

EDIT: sorry all-JUST spoke with them again...now they know. See my response below.

Last edited:

Paradocks

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: ONE "supposedly" out in 3 days but not a soul at VZW knows anything about it??

I have spoken to a different rep at VZW every day, for the past 3 business days.
They not only have NO CLUE as to when the One will ship, but they don't even know its coming to Verizon either.

Why on earth would a world renowned, publicly traded company NOT alert its salespeople to an impending release of such an in-demand phone nor offer any pre-sale?
You would think that both things would not only assist in/increase potential sales but possibly stop people from leaving VZW prematurely, in-lieu of moving to another carrier.

Makes no sense to me.

Got one word for you...Droid. Verizon doesn't care about the One. All of their marketing effort will go towards promoting the new Droid series of phones.

Sent from somewhere

wythme2

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: ONE "supposedly" out in 3 days but not a soul at VZW knows anything about it??

They know about it. I called my corporate store this morning and they said they will have it on Thursday.

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site

APOLOGIES TO ALL:

VZW literally just called me (as I requested this).
My sales rep just got an email saying that its will be in stores on Thursday.

I still think its nuts that they havent given us more of a heads up!!

Bm96

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site

APOLOGIES TO ALL:

VZW literally just called me (as I requested this).
My sales rep just got an email saying that its will be in stores on Thursday.

I still think its nuts that they havent given us more of a heads up!!

Lol they actually called you? And yes it's very surprising that none of them knew anything about it a a few days before release.

Early Cuyler

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

I stopped by my local store this evening hoping that they might have a display model to try out. The sales rep said that he'd had a couple of people ask to see a display model, but that they wouldn't have one until Thursday. Then, he told me I should really take a look at their new Droid lineup (they were setting up the Droid display at the time) because the One only had 16gb of storage. When I reacted with "surprise" that VZW wouldn't be selling the 32gb version of the phone "like AT&T does," the sales rep began fumbling for an explanation. The manager (who was working on the Droid display) quickly said they might get a couple of 32gb models on launch day and then they'd be "special order only and hard to get" and that it was the same thing with other carriers.

Now, I don't believe anything they told me about the availability of the 32gb model. The sales rep was clearly trying to push me to Droid and got caught with his pants down by a customer who actually knew the products fairly well. The point is that the whole idea that VZW cares way more about selling Droids than it does the One seems to hold water.

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site

I stopped by my local store this evening hoping that they might have a display model to try out. The sales rep said that he'd had a couple of people ask to see a display model, but that they wouldn't have one until Thursday. Then, he told me I should really take a look at their new Droid lineup (they were setting up the Droid display at the time) because the One only had 16gb of storage. When I reacted with "surprise" that VZW wouldn't be selling the 32gb version of the phone "like AT&T does," the sales rep began fumbling for an explanation. The manager (who was working on the Droid display) quickly said they might get a couple of 32gb models on launch day and then they'd be "special order only and hard to get" and that it was the same thing with other carriers.

Now, I don't believe anything they told me about the availability of the 32gb model. The sales rep was clearly trying to push me to Droid and got caught with his pants down by a customer who actually knew the products fairly well. The point is that the whole idea that VZW cares way more about selling Droids than it does the One seems to hold water.

Simultaneously interesting and disheartening...
I want to like VZW but they just make its so darn difficult.

Bm96

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site

Wow, I'm sure those d* heads are just trying to make you get a droid instead, don't even listen to them or talk to them ever again. The 16gb model doesn't even exist.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: ONE "supposedly" out in 3 days but not a soul at VZW knows anything about it?? EDIT: THEY DO KN

I am not sure why this is shocking to anyone. A number of Verizon employees aren't the most informed out there. I have been given inaccurate information on numerous occasions by a number of Verizon reps. I have even had a verizon rep tell me that the activation fee cannot be refunded under any circumstances. Verizon?s written policy clearly states that it can be refunded if cancelled within 3 days. Yet the csr was arguing with me about it.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Early Cuyler

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Wow, I'm sure those d* heads are just trying to make you get a droid instead, it doesn't even exist and there never will be a 16gb model of the One.

Right. I worded my post weirdly. I knew there was no such thing as a 16gb model. I just sort of played along with them and used my AT&T comments to see what they'd say. My second paragraph should have started with "I know VZW isn't going to have a special 16gb version of the phone."

EDIT:

I am not sure why this is shocking to anyone. A number of Verizon employees aren't the most informed out there. I have been given inaccurate information on numerous occasions by a number of Verizon reps. I have even had a verizon rep tell me that the activation fee cannot be refunded under any circumstances. Verizon?s written policy clearly states that it can be refunded if cancelled within 3 days. Yet the csr was arguing with me about it.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

I don't think anyone is shocked at all.

Last edited:

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site

My question now is, will either Best Buy or Amazon have a better price on it than VZ?

Bm96

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site

Right. I worded my post weirdly. I knew there was no such thing as a 16gb model. I just sort of played along with them and used my AT&T comments to see what they'd say. My second paragraph should have started with "I know VZW isn't going to have a special 16gb version of the phone."

Yeah, I would have played along too just to see how far they would go to sell you their new shiny droids. They are probably getting more commission from them rather the HTC One they know nothing about...

My question now is, will either Best Buy or Amazon have a better price on it than VZ?
I think the prices will be pretty much the same until a week or so into the release.

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

What disturbs me most is we can all see how verizon employees are pushing other phones like the SG4 and droids. They have had the droids up online for pre-order since shortly after there announcement and it's only 2 days until the one is released and we get no pre-order and no display to play with. Once again when it comes to complete customer satisfaction verizon shows it just doesn't care. :[

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

Other than the tweet, has there been anything else regarding this phone from VZW? A press release?

Paradocks

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: ONE "supposedly" out in 3 days but not a soul at VZW knows anything about it?? EDIT: THEY DO KN

Me: Hi, I'm interested in a new HTC One.

VZW: We have these cool new Droids!

Me: Not interested in the Droids. Can you show me the One?

VZW: We have three different Droid models. Which one would you like to buy?

Me: I don't care about the Droids! I want the HTC One!

VZW: Let me show you what the new Droids can do!

Me: (Sigh....)

Sent from somewhere

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Those aren't the Droids I'm looking for. Move along. ;-)

Last edited:

Jules_Winnfield

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

Amazon will definitely offer a better price than VZ (eventually). However, we won't know anything about what they're offering it at launch until Thursday (or if they'll even have it on day 1). According to the Amazon Wireless rep I spoke to, they have no information on the phone. He said just wait until Thursday and check the site to see if they have it and what they're offering it for.

Bm96

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site

Me: Hi, I'm interested in a new HTC One.

VZW: We have these cool new Droids!

Me: Not interested in the Droids. Can you show me the One?

VZW: We have three different Droid models. Which one would you like to buy?

Me: I don't care about the Droids! I want the HTC One!

VZW: Let me show you what the new Droids can do!

Me: (Sigh....)

Sent from somewhere

Verizon thinks the new droids make up the word Android.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

What i don't understand is why you guys are trying to get more info from the employee's. Verizon already announced that it will be available aug 22nd in the silver model with 32gb of storage. Also, Just to clarify, Not all employee's at Verizon are the same. Some just prefer not to care and some like to recommend what they like. You probably talked to a rep that really liked the droid line. Just like I love the HTC One, So i will be recommending it to people that walk into my store.

Verizon is not trying to "push" the droid line, They don't tell us what we need to push on customers, They tell us to listen to the customer and help them find whats best for them. Believe it or not, Verizon doesn't care what phone you buy, They care that your sticking with them.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Oh and another thing, 9/10 customers who walk into our stores have NO CLUE what the HTC One is. They don't care either, They want to know what is the best bang for their dollar or wheres the cheapest iPhone you have. It's sad, But people like us that follow AC and XDA are rare and the average customer doesn't care about what software the phones are running, what's the best out or what size storage they. Actually, Most people keep buying the stupid IPhone 4 with 8gb of storage and are satisfied...SHOCKING RIGHT? Whenever a customer comes in and i go over specs like GB's, Snapdragon or 1080p, They are confused and lost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol