ONE "supposedly" out in 3 days but not a soul at VZW knows anything about it?? EDIT: THEY DO KNOW!

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: ONE "supposedly" out in 3 days but not a soul at VZW knows anything about it?? EDIT: THEY DO KN

What i don't understand is why you guys are trying to get more info from the employee's. Verizon already announced that it will be available aug 22nd in the silver model with 32gb of storage. Also, Just to clarify, Not all employee's at Verizon are the same. Some just prefer not to care and some like to recommend what they like. You probably talked to a rep that really liked the droid line. Just like I love the HTC One, So i will be recommending it to people that walk into my store.

Verizon is not trying to "push" the droid line, They don't tell us what we need to push on customers, They tell us to listen to the customer and help them find whats best for them. Believe it or not, Verizon doesn't care what phone you buy, They care that your sticking with them.

They are definitely being trained to push the Droid line over the Moto X in particular. There is an internal training sheet floating around which helps the reps explain why the Droids are superior to the X.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: ONE "supposedly" out in 3 days but not a soul at VZW knows anything about it?? EDIT: THEY DO KN

They are definitely being trained to push the Droid line over the Moto X in particular. There is an internal training sheet floating around which helps the reps explain why the Droids are superior to the X.

This is incorrect. The moto x isn't even in our system.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

What i don't understand is why you guys are trying to get more info from the employee's. Verizon already announced that it will be available aug 22nd in the silver model with 32gb of storage. Also, Just to clarify, Not all employee's at Verizon are the same. Some just prefer not to care and some like to recommend what they like. You probably talked to a rep that really liked the droid line. Just like I love the HTC One, So i will be recommending it to people that walk into my store.

Verizon is not trying to "push" the droid line, They don't tell us what we need to push on customers, They tell us to listen to the customer and help them find whats best for them. Believe it or not, Verizon doesn't care what phone you buy, They care that your sticking with them.

Oh and another thing, 9/10 customers who walk into our stores have NO CLUE what the HTC One is. They don't care either, They want to know what is the best bang for their dollar or wheres the cheapest iPhone you have. It's sad, But people like us that follow AC and XDA are rare and the average customer doesn't care about what software the phones are running, what's the best out or what size storage they. Actually, Most people keep buying the stupid IPhone 4 with 8gb of storage and are satisfied...SHOCKING RIGHT? Whenever a customer comes in and i go over specs like GB's, Snapdragon or 1080p, They are confused and lost.

Exactly.

I also doubt that Verizon really expects this to be a big seller for them -- this release isn't exactly coming with a lot of fan-fare. I'm not saying the One isn't a great phone, but let's face it, they are few months late to the party.

Also, I don't think that they necessarily "push" the Droid phones over non-Droid phones, but Verizon does definitely push "Droid" as a brand, primarily because it's their brand. "Droid" = Verizon brand. "Droid phone" = Phone only available on Verizon. I'm sure they market the Droid phones heavily because they want people to want them...because if people want them, they have to go Verizon to get them.

Once you're in the store, I don't see any reason for them (as a policy) to push a Droid over any other phone, such as the One or GS4, though some sales reps may have their preferences (not that I ever care to hear them).

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

We got a ton of boxes of the one today along witha lot of cases and 2 demo phones. We hit a ton of advertisements as well.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

Joe:

What colors, storage capacities are you seeing?

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/08/1...erizon-looks-at-the-new-droids-vs-the-moto-x/

You will see here that some reps are being given a spec sheet specifically designed to point out where the Droids are better than the X.

Those are facts and I think it's good info, so we know the differences. I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

Those are facts and I think it's good info, so we know the differences. I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

Yes, they are all true facts, but it is clearly designed to allow the rep promote the Droids specifically over the X. Which is fine, it is a Verizon line of phones, they should be favoring it.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site

uploadfromtaptalk1377116767735.jpg
Can I bitchhh slap the rep when they try to install a task killer on my shiny One
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

angiebugg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

We got a ton of boxes of the one today along witha lot of cases and 2 demo phones. We hit a ton of advertisements as well.

Any INCIPIO cases? The accessories on the verizon site are general and hideous.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Any INCIPIO cases? The accessories on the verizon site are general and hideous.

Yeah, we got 5 different incipio cases. You got the shine series and carbon series too.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: ONE "supposedly" out in 3 days but not a soul at VZW knows anything about it??

Got one word for you...Droid. Verizon doesn't care about the One. All of their marketing effort will go towards promoting the new Droid series of phones.

Sent from somewhere

people are still ranting about this nonsense?

seriously.. wow.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

The incipio shine case is REALLY nice. It's a brushed metal design.

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Only 1 hr and 51 min until it should be available on line !!!!!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Verizon might not tell you which phones to push, but it is my understanding that certain phones have a higher commission than others. Obviously a number of salesmen value the dollar, and will prioritize accordingly

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci