on the att version the stock htc browser has flash support built in . I cant find it anywhere on mine did Verizon block this feature along with the power save feature ??
    08-25-2013 01:26 PM
    I don't think they're continuing putting Flash on phones. It was discontinued awhile ago. However, you can still sideload it from Adobe's site.
    Adobe Community: How do I manually install Flash Player on my Android device?

Hope that helps!
    08-25-2013 04:45 PM
    Flash sucks on mobile, always has, always will. Even Adobe killed it.
    karn101 likes this.
    08-25-2013 08:12 PM
    Flash sucks on mobile, always has, always will. Even Adobe killed it.
    whether it sucks or not is not the point . the point was has Verizon further crippled a pretty good phone . its a moot point for me anyway as im switching back to my note 2 until the note 3 comes out . I wanted to try the ONE and I did while I really liked the camera and the screen over all it just wasn't enough of a upgrade to me . I will say that if the htc max comes to Verizon and its not any bigger that the note3 i'll be giving it a try .
    08-25-2013 08:36 PM
    Go to adobe flash archive and load the top android 4.0 flash player. Will need to allow third party apps in security settings. Then open and install then go to internet open loop radar. open options in upper right hand corner and hit flash plug in and hello you have flash.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-25-2013 10:50 PM
    Next Browser allows you to run flash in their browser. It's also a very good browser.
    08-26-2013 12:53 AM
    whether it sucks or not is not the point . the point was has Verizon further crippled a pretty good phone . its a moot point for me anyway as im switching back to my note 2 until the note 3 comes out . I wanted to try the ONE and I did while I really liked the camera and the screen over all it just wasn't enough of a upgrade to me . I will say that if the htc max comes to Verizon and its not any bigger that the note3 i'll be giving it a try .
    Actually, if a phone comes with Chrome as the browser, it has no flash support.
    You really can't blame this on HTC or Verizon. Adobe killed it and does not currently support Flash in any browser that is current.
    Flash is a buggy piece of crap. Most browser issues can be traced to Flash or the Flash PlugIn.
    08-26-2013 03:22 PM
    I have the Sprint version of the One and it came with flash off. In the browser settings though you can turn it on. Not sure if the Verizon version is the same but worth a look

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    08-26-2013 03:56 PM
    Actually, if a phone comes with Chrome as the browser, it has no flash support.
    You really can't blame this on HTC or Verizon. Adobe killed it and does not currently support Flash in any browser that is current.
    Flash is a buggy piece of crap. Most browser issues can be traced to Flash or the Flash PlugIn.
    the stock htc browser has flash support on ATT . chrome browser has nothing to do with this conversation nor does the fact that you can side load adobe. I was simply trying to find out if I was over looking it or if Verizon removed it . I see its a touchy subject bringing up something that the htc ONE doesn't have . seeing as how several people have stated flash is no good . I didn't ask for any opinions on flash itself . I wash just venting a little bit that Verizon took it on there self to block this feature . it makes me so ill that Verizon who has the best network bar none has to be so meddling with the phones.
    08-26-2013 05:49 PM
    the stock htc browser has flash support on ATT . chrome browser has nothing to do with this conversation nor does the fact that you can side load adobe. I was simply trying to find out if I was over looking it or if Verizon removed it . I see its a touchy subject bringing up something that the htc ONE doesn't have . seeing as how several people have stated flash is no good . I didn't ask for any opinions on flash itself . I wash just venting a little bit that Verizon took it on there self to block this feature . it makes me so ill that Verizon who has the best network bar none has to be so meddling with the phones.
    Actually it does have everything to do with it.
    It's not that Verizon had it removed, they didn't ask for an unsupported piece of software on the phone.
    Adobe confirms it won't support Flash on Android 4.1, stops new Flash installs from Google Play on August 15th
    Adobe releases final Flash Player version for Android, BlackBerry PlayBook, promises future updates

So why would a carrier (Verizon) ask to have something that has no support from Adobe, installed on their handsets?
    There is no support for from Adobe Flash on Android. If it breaks who do you call???
    I think it was a smart move not to have HTC install something that has no support and has a known list of issues.
    It's a support nightmare.

IMHO....
    08-26-2013 06:25 PM
    Actually it does have everything to do with it.
    It's not that Verizon had it removed, they didn't ask for an unsupported piece of software on the phone.
    Adobe confirms it won't support Flash on Android 4.1, stops new Flash installs from Google Play on August 15th
    Adobe releases final Flash Player version for Android, BlackBerry PlayBook, promises future updates

So why would a carrier (Verizon) ask to have something that has no support from Adobe, installed on their handsets?
    There is no support for from Adobe Flash on Android. If it breaks who do you call???
    I think it was a smart move not to have HTC install something that has no support and has a known list of issues.
    It's a support nightmare.

IMHO....
    im thinking that the flash that's built into the htc one stock browser has nothing to do with adobe seeing as how this phone came out after adobe had stopped supporting flash on android . further more the phones that has flash seems to work fine from what I hear. I don't see htc putting it on phone that's supposed to save the company if it was a lame duck feature. I think it has more to do with Verizon blocking it to keep from people using up bandwidth playing flash videos while browsing the internet. Verizon is well known for doing things exactly like this.
    08-26-2013 07:56 PM
    im thinking that the flash that's built into the htc one stock browser has nothing to do with adobe seeing as how this phone came out after adobe had stopped supporting flash on android . further more the phones that has flash seems to work fine from what I hear. I don't see htc putting it on phone that's supposed to save the company if it was a lame duck feature. I think it has more to do with Verizon blocking it to keep from people using up bandwidth playing flash videos while browsing the internet. Verizon is well known for doing things exactly like this.
    This is a circular argument because you think that Verizon "did" something.
    We'll have to agree to disagree, but the stock browser *IS* using flash from Adobe that is no longer supported.
    There is nothing to keep anyone from using it, except don't call Adobe and they don't release their source code.

On a side note, the world *IS* moving from Flash to HTML5 on portable devices.
    08-26-2013 08:00 PM
    This is a circular argument because you think that Verizon "did" something.
    We'll have to agree to disagree, but the stock browser *IS* using flash from Adobe that is no longer supported.
    There is nothing to keep anyone from using it, except don't call Adobe and they don't release their source code.

On a side note, the world *IS* moving from Flash to HTML5 on portable devices.
    oh its no doubt Verizon did something they removed a feature for whatever reason . and just to be clear I couldn't care less about flash itself its the principle of the whole thing and how Verizon does things. they also removed the power save again for reasons unknown. now Verizon supporters will jump in and say well that feature must have had issues or whatever. and verizons " stringent" testing found issues with it ect ect . but anyone that owned a thunderbolt knows all about these "stringent" tests Verizon does before they release a phone. anyway nice debating with you have a nice evening:-)
    08-26-2013 08:32 PM
    they also removed the power save again for reasons unknown.
    I emailed HTC to ask about the missing "Power Saver" option and they responded to me:

"The option does exist on the device; however, the features of this option have been moved into the base operating system on the device. Put another way, the device still does have a Power Saving option but this option is no longer a feature that can be toggled as it is now part of the system by default!"

I'd still like to get some more details on the missing FM radio though.... I'll probably ask about that more once my One arrives on Wednesday...
    08-26-2013 08:53 PM
    Once again, Adobe does not certify *ANY* device beyond 4.0.x.
    This means that if Flash is on the device, Adobe will ignore you when there is an issue.
    HTC decided to have Flash in the browsers of some versions of the HTC One.
    Verizon either did not want or did not request the software to be on their device.
    Verizon has not had Flash on any JB device.
    It was removed from devices that had it before a ICS update. I had a Droid Razr Maxx that supported flash and the feature was removed in a software update.
    https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/786452

It's not secret that Verizon stopped having Flash on their devices when Adobe dropped support and removed it from the Playstore.

Why as a manufacturer you would want to put unsupported software on a device is beyond me?
    I'm not a Verizon fanboi, but the realities are Flash is dead (dying). Long live HTML5!!!
    08-26-2013 08:58 PM
    I emailed HTC to ask about the missing "Power Saver" option and they responded to me:

"The option does exist on the device; however, the features of this option have been moved into the base operating system on the device. Put another way, the device still does have a Power Saving option but this option is no longer a feature that can be toggled as it is now part of the system by default!"

I'd still like to get some more details on the missing FM radio though.... I'll probably ask about that more once my One arrives on Wednesday...
    that's interesting I can only imagine what they will say about the fm thing.
    08-26-2013 09:00 PM
    I am using Flash on my Verizon HTC One. Just load the apk file from the internet and make sure you are using the stock browser. Everything works fine and shows you can't watch through Chrome you can watch with Flash. It is fast and not laggy.
    08-27-2013 05:55 PM
    Maybe because the VZW model is 4.2?

Posted via Android Central App
    08-28-2013 10:03 AM
    I got Flash working fine on my One using the method above. I personally use Boat browser.
    08-28-2013 10:41 PM