HTC One Still Worth Buying?

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from the DNA and after a couple of days I'm very happy I did. Only thing that was hard to adjust was having a smaller screen size but I'm even starting like that. Having extremely more choices of accessories is great, battery life is a little better, and going from 16 to 32gb storage was well worth it. So for me it was well worth buying and I'm not having any second thoughts that maybe I shouldn't have.
Do you find the camera on the one better than the DNA's camera?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I haven't taken that many pictures yet but what I have taken seem to be better then the DNA, the low light pictures are a ton better which is expected.

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
The DNA was pretty good outside. I am curious to know how it compares. If it was the same as the DNA outside I may jump ship from my S4.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded from the DNA and after a couple of days I'm very happy I did. Only thing that was hard to adjust was having a smaller screen size but I'm even starting like that....

I haven't taken that many pictures yet but what I have taken seem to be better then the DNA, the low light pictures are a ton better which is expected.

I too thought I wouldn't like the smaller screen. The first night I had it I kept comparing it to my DNA, and was settled on returning the One the next day. Who would have thought that .3 inches would make that much of a difference. But having used it for 6 days now, I'm loving the size. I've adjusted to it with no issues.

I've found the pictures I take to be better than with my DNA too. Taking the same pic with both phones, it's cleat to be the One has better quality. Outdoor pictures are amazing.

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Wow great news!! The One pics outside are actually BETTER than the DNA? I have been researching and it seems outside the One falters. I was hoping this was not the case. You just pushed me a bit closer to losing this S4!! Do others feel the same with the outside pics? Not looking for better than S4....but equal to or better than the DNA would be awesome.

frosty1216

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I will admit I was a bit frustrated with my One the other day. It wouldn't keep a data connection for the life of me. I found a setting under the power section for sleep and I turned that off. That fixed all my data lull complaints.

Niner17

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I bought the One a week ago. Easily, the best phone I've ever had. I think Android Central's article this week on Best Phones in 2013 is spot-on.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I bought the One a week ago. Easily, the best phone I've ever had. I think Android Central's article this week on Best Phones in 2013 is spot-on.

I have to agree. I got mine last Thursday as well and it's the best Android phone I've had yet, and I've had a lot. It's the first Android phone that I may be content with for a while. I did get the Moto X today (overnight from VZW) just because I wanted to compare and see what all the hype was about. I'm already ready to pop the SIM back in my One, but I'm going to give it the weekend just to be fair. The only think I like about the X so far is the form factor. I wish HTC would have just went with two speakers on the bottom to make the phone a little shorter.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from the DNA and after a couple of days I'm very happy I did. Only thing that was hard to adjust was having a smaller screen size but I'm even starting like that. Having extremely more choices of accessories is great, battery life is a little better, and going from 16 to 32gb storage was well worth it. So for me it was well worth buying and I'm not having any second thoughts that maybe I shouldn't have.

I hope you're right on that! :) I just bought a One to replace my DNA. They look very similar in specs. Aside from the case, what do you like better?

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I have had my htc one going on four months. I've experimented with all sorts of roms, etc. I'm currently spending the majority of my time on the Google Play edition side of modaco switch. Dual booting sense 5 and stock android essentially. Anyways, while I find the htc one superb, I still have an itch to pick up a Moto X as a second phone. It fits great in the hand and I just like it. Plus I'm on att and could customize. I have an upgrade on my family account still however I'd probably just buy the Unlocked GSM variant from the MotoMaker site. I also despise the LG skin so I'd never consider the g2.

I honestly believe the new nexus will be a Moto X variant. Now some might bash me for that statement. The Moto X despite having "only" a dual core s4 pro runs very efficiently and quick. I couldn't get into hiccup in my few hours with the phone. I generally don't care about benchmarks yet it scored an 18929 in antutu. That's pretty impressive considering the new nexus 7 with a Quad core variant of the s4 pro at 1.5ghz scored just under a 20k.

I love my one and still consider it the only phone worth signing a contract for.

Sent from my HTC One

nrfitchett4

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Let me put it this way, after six months a lot of review sites are still saying this is the best android phone money can buy.... It's completely worth the money I paid for it. It's hands down the best phone on Verizon. I get service in places my friends s4 cant. It's simply the best phone ive ever owned.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 4

exactly why I'm looking at the one to replace my note 2. Signal drops we don't get with the kids' dna's. Also, tired of running out of internal storage. Sd cards are a poor replacement for storage space on android now. Only good for media.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I had been looking at the droid maxx but now I'm really leaning towards the one. I checked it out again over the weekend n thought maybe I need to get this lol

SENT FROM MY AMAZING NOTE 2!

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
went to a party last night took some shots a few Zoes and uploaded a few 30 sec. clips for the other party goers to watch and enjoy... amazing how this phone does this.

inc2fit

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Had the s3 for almost a year and even with the s4 out, found it to be the best overall phone out there. Just got the ONE and glad I made the switch. Fast, great screen, not 100% sure I'm digging the camera for anything further than a few feet away, but overall even better than the s3. Go for it. This one won't be passed up by any others for a while!

Posted via Android Central App

April920

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I am coming from an s3 on sprint. Service was really bad, I decided to try out T-Mobile once again. I go the T mo corporate store and ask about the S4 but coming from an s3 I really wanted to try something different I've always loved HTC but the company always disappointed me. The sales rep told me to stay away from the HTC One. I left and ended up in another T-Mobile corporate cntr. I was determined to get the One and it is well worth it. I have yet to put this phone down. For me battery life is good, even with heavy usage. Such as YouTube, Hulu, Facebook, instagram, Google+ Web surfing and tap talk. It works for me.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I hope you're right on that! :) I just bought a One to replace my DNA. They look very similar in specs. Aside from the case, what do you like better?

The size seems to be perfect for me but like I said before it does take a day or so to get use to it. Overall build quality is just amazing. The DNA had some get hardware to besides the USB cover.

I was running the same 4.2.2 on my DNA but since it was an early build the One is much faster and smoother. But comparing to stock DNA wouldn't be much difference.

Sorry I was late to reply I was on vacation and didn't check in. Hope your enjoying your One like I am.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

radioone

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I just got the phone myself. I love the latest in everything, like most technophiles here. But, the real world does encroach with its demands on resources too...

I try to follow the good enough rule... I might buy something new/cutting edge but I will use until it is not good enough...That was the fate of my D2G... If it was faster/had a decent gpu or a bigger screen I'd still use it. But it's been really flakey in the past few months and I need a bigger screen nowadays... But that isn't the fate of my 2012 Nexus 7, it does everything I need it to do. Although I do wish I got a 10, so I could read comics a bit easier...

But unless Ingress 2015 is a hog or a 5G network comes out... I can't see buying another phone after the Aug 15 contract date is up...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21