Any HTC One experts

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Just curious a few questions that I just can not figure out and get various answers when I search the interwebs.

1. Did HTC or Verizon remove the nice lock screen weather animations that we use to have in previous HTC devices? Not a huge issue but I did like it from previous phones.
2. This also ties in with the weather, is there a way to update the widget without having to open it and back out every time if I have it set to 4 hour refresh time?

3. Can you turn off the animation and the automation of the gallery at any level?

4. Is there any option to keep the screen display on while charing I no longer see it in Dev options menu?

5. Anyone point me in the right direction to learn the "3 finger" gestures so I can use all of my sexy HTC One?

Thanks for the knowledge you may share with me in answering my questions!

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Just curious a few questions that I just can not figure out and get various answers when I search the interwebs.

1. Did HTC or Verizon remove the nice lock screen weather animations that we use to have in previous HTC devices? Not a huge issue but I did like it from previous phones.

Yeah. In lieu of the little weather icon.

2. This also ties in with the weather, is there a way to update the widget without having to open it and back out every time if I have it set to 4 hour refresh time?

The lock screen, you mean?

3. Can you turn off the animation and the automation of the gallery at any level?

Nope.

4. Is there any option to keep the screen display on while charing I no longer see it in Dev options menu?

Doesn't appear to be there. Good eye.

5. Anyone point me in the right direction to learn the "3 finger" gestures so I can use all of my sexy HTC One?

That's only used to launch the HTC Media Link connection.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I ran into the same problem, ended up getting "Stay Awake" from the Play Store. Simple program that works great.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You can set your weather to update every hour and the only way to update more then that would be opening the application. For me an hour is pretty reasonable even in Michigan where it can be sunny/rain/and snow in the same hour.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Same here in Seattle but without the sun and snow part.....LOL

You can set your weather to update every hour and the only way to update more then that would be opening the application. For me an hour is pretty reasonable even in Michigan where it can be sunny/rain/and snow in the same hour.

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the quick responses to all my questions and yes I know I can adjust it to one hour. I am just use to Samsung line and other phones that I can refresh the widget without having to open it all the way up. Not a huge deal on most of the little quirks I have with things I just meerly wanted to make sure I was not missing a way to adjust things the way I wanted them. All in all this is one best phones I have experienced on Verizon in some time. Now just need to find the right case that works for me!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12