Chrome or Android browser?

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Purely from a speed standpoint, is anyone else finding the Android browser to be faster?
Can someone point out any real significant and useful differences that would make using Chrome (and it's slower performance) a better choice for me?
Thanks in advance!

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I haven't used the stock browser on any phone in over year mainly because of having my bookmarks backed up on chrome and being able to access them on multiply devices. It was really nice back on my Gnex when I was flashing every day just having to sign in to chrome. I wasn't aware that the speeds were quicker on the stock, I'll have to run some speed test.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Purely from a speed standpoint, is anyone else finding the Android browser to be faster?
Can someone point out any real significant and useful differences that would make using Chrome (and it's slower performance) a better choice for me?
Thanks in advance!

I don't notice a speed difference, but I like that using Chrome on my PC and my phone, everything is almost nearly seamless. I also like the Chrome to phone feature on my PC.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, let me know what you find.

I keep PC and phone stuff pretty much separate so the "syncing" not really a big for me.

I haven't used the stock browser on any phone in over year mainly because of having my bookmarks backed up on chrome and being able to access them on multiply devices. It was really nice back on my Gnex when I was flashing every day just having to sign in to chrome. I wasn't aware that the speeds were quicker on the stock, I'll have to run some speed test.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I've run a few test using the stock browser and chrome and couldn't tell any difference in pages loading or even scrolling through. Maybe try to uninstall your chrome browser and then downloading again but I can't understand why your experience would be any different. Let me know if you find anything.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for looking in to it Mc, I'll try that.
It's not a huge deal, the difference is negligible. Just happened to notice that the Android browser was slightly faster loading pages.
Being that I do not use Chrome to it's full extent it's like having similar browser options.

I've run a few test using the stock browser and chrome and couldn't tell any difference in pages loading or even scrolling through. Maybe try to uninstall your chrome browser and then downloading again but I can't understand why your experience would be any different. Let me know if you find anything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon