Why does verizon version differ so much?

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, I have the sprint HTC one and read slot of forums. I am curious why Verizon version is missing some things. Power saver, enable flash player, and FM radio? Can anyone explain?

morganm00

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Power saver was built in to the OS for the Verizon model according to HTC support. Flash is just old news. I would think with the number of iOS devices out there that websites would be trying to just avoid using Flash anyway.

However, as to the FM radio ... that I want an explanation for. (My One arrives tomorrow so I'll start nagging people once I have it in hand...)

Fathertime

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Use quickshortcutmaker app and see if the radio is embedded in the system. Just go through the list it comes up with and see if it's there.

morganm00

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I installed it and didn't find anything with "FM" in the activities. Under "Radio", "Internet Radio" and "TuneIn Radio" came up.

Use quickshortcutmaker app and see if the radio is embedded in the system. Just go through the list it comes up with and see if it's there.

morganm00

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Music, YouTube, Slacker, Play Books, Play Movies & TV, Play Magazines, Play Music, Viewdini, Camera, Watch, and Gallery. (I think I moved Gallery into there.)

No radio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca