Made the Purchase, Couple of Questions

kennedy27403

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to turn off the 4G and just use 3G? Had no probs with the LTE and it switches back and forth on its own depending on the area but it seems odd that I can't tell it which one to use manually.

Also, the pone call quality seems a bit off. Voices seem slightly muffled on mine, was expecting it to be crisper. Could just take time getting used to it, but I noticed a difference right away. Any settings anywhere to tinker with the call quality?

So far I'm loving this phone!

kennedy27403

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Also, looks like the preferred network is set by default to Global mode instead of LTE/CDMA. Any reason for/advantage to this ? If I'm in the states should I turn Global Mode off? Is one or the other better battery wise?

kennedy27403

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok so no one has an answer to this and that's cool.I guess the collective wisdom is that being able to control the 3g/4g is not a relevant issue. Am i right at least in that respect? And the call quality is good for everyone else?

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes it's difficult to turn off 4g now as some manufacturers don't even give you the option. I've not looked into on the one. You might try downloading a widget from the play store.

With respect to the radio, it shouldn't make a difference to your battery . Your phone is always searching for a signal. The only thing global will do is automatically connect to a non Verizon network instead of you having to notice the phone doesn't have a signal and then switch modes.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

BygSii

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings, call settings, cdma mode, then uncheckmark voice privacy. Restart phone. A lot of times voice privacy setting is checked under factory settings, think of it like a firewall for your computer, if the security is too strong, quality and loudness will suffer trying to break through that off. And I doubt anyone has the ability to want to hijack your phone and want to listen to your conversations. Only time I would keep voice privacy turned on, is if I was wanted from the FBI.

Lefank

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I've been told to keep off global mode when in the states for better connectivity at least that's what I've read as well... I stay on ltecdma

whoahbro

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Reading this sort of confused me-

Should our "preferred network mode" be "LTE/CDMA" or "automatic"?

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
This phone as far as I can find does not let you select between 4g and 3g. 4g is LTE and 3g is CDMA. My old Thundercrap allowed you to select CDMA only but the One doesnt. I also agree with Lefank. I have selected lte/cdma instead of global. All posts have said to do this when not using global.