S3 or One

Mr.Mcgoo

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I currently have Samsung S3 and it is a good phone and does everything I need. Went to BB today and they have blue or silver one in stock and I was so close to pulling the trigger. I played around with the display and for some reason the display on the S3 seamed bigger which I thought was weird. It is a nice phone may go back and get the blue or maybe just keep the S3, to many choice but it is great to have them...

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The S3 is a 4.8" screen and the One is a 4.7". Both great phones, but I'd give the edge to the One by a lot in terms of pitting them against each other. You're right, choices are awesome :)

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
The One since its newer. If the S3 is still good you should hold out because there's a bunch of new phones coming out.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Mr.Mcgoo

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah holding out is always the tuffest thing to do, yeah 4.8 vs 4.7 I figured I would not notice the difference but sure it is mostly how I have mine set up. If the One was 5" screen I would not even think about it because I think that is the perfect size for me at least, I know some like smaller and some bigger.

H_Wordsmythe

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
For me, screen quality is far more important than screen size, and the One just pounds the S3 in that regard. I've played around with all the current flagship/high-end phones, and in my opinion, none of them can touch the One when it comes to the display. I can't understand how anyone could be unable to perceive the increase in pixel density. All that talk about 300 ppi being the highest the human eye can perceive is unscientific rubbish. In truth, the human eye can discern nearly 900 pixels per inch, and if Steve Jobs hadn't snowed everyone over with his big speech when they released the iPhone 4, I think more people would realize that. That's not to say your S3 doesn't have a nice screen, OP. It certainly was top of the line when it released, and it's still respectable.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
All that talk about 300 ppi being the highest the human eye can perceive is unscientific rubbish. In truth, the human eye can discern nearly 900 pixels per inch

At specific distances the ratio changes. At 5 inches you can see more than at 12, etc. I haven't seen anything detailing what those ppi:distance distributions are on average.

H_Wordsmythe

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
There are a few papers out there on the subject. From my studies, the average consensus seems to be a little under 900 ppi at normal viewing distances for smartphones/tablets. Of course, none of these papers are cited by mobile tech journalists, because they've all accepted the 300 ppi myth, no questions asked.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Coming from the S3 I can honestly say the only thing I miss about my S3 was CM10. I do like the ROM on the One but I really wish I would have unlocked mine when I chance and then wait for a version of the Play ROM to come out for our version of the one.

JW4VZW

Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I went from the S3 to the One. I honestly can say that you can't make a wrong choice between the two. The plus of the S3 is the microSD card slot, which I used to store my videos and music on. That being said, the 32GB on the One is a good amount of storage. The One is newer, and has a better processor. If I was in your shoes, I might wait to see what is coming out soon. Please let us know what you decide to do.

Mr.Mcgoo

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Just like many of us my current phone the S3 is running fine but it is time for something new, maybe the HTC One which I like but not sure if I want to stay in that screen size. Now with G2 out that throws another choice in the mix. I know everywhere I go to ask there will be one person that went with the one or another that left the one for the G2 and so on. Not concerned with removable batteries as I am near juice most of the time, 32 is a good amount of memory for me. Just need to get off the pot and decide to pick up one now or just keep waiting to see what comes next.

JW4VZW

Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Just like many of us my current phone the S3 is running fine but it is time for something new, maybe the HTC One which I like but not sure if I want to stay in that screen size. Now with G2 out that throws another choice in the mix. I know everywhere I go to ask there will be one person that went with the one or another that left the one for the G2 and so on. Not concerned with removable batteries as I am near juice most of the time, 32 is a good amount of memory for me. Just need to get off the pot and decide to pick up one now or just keep waiting to see what comes next.

I agree with you, since I am always near a charger, the removable battery is sort of not necessary. Also, 32GB is the lowest I'd go without removable storage. I have heard great things about the LG G2, and I want to see how it looks before I say if I like it or not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet