10-09-2013 05:02 PM
41 12
tools
    I tried asking Verizon about this but they haven't replied yet. I recently switched to the Blue HTC One from Best Buy and gave up unlimited data. I'm still within the 14 day return policy. If I return the phone will they switch me back to unlimited data?
    09-20-2013 11:18 AM
    I tried asking Verizon about this but they haven't replied yet. I recently switched to the Blue HTC One from Best Buy and gave up unlimited data. I'm still within the 14 day return policy. If I return the phone will they switch me back to unlimited data?
    If I had to guess, I would say no.

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3
    09-20-2013 11:59 AM
    I think you screwed yourself to be honest. The return policy is for the phone to best buy... Changing your plan though.. Yeah you just gave Verizon what they wanted.. You off unlimited.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    09-20-2013 01:09 PM
    It amazes me how people just give up there unlimited when they can sell it(legally)on ebay for 300.00+....... once you give it up..... it's gone. oh... and be careful cause i never went over 3 GB with my (3g)Dink and now with 4g up close to 7 GB...
    09-20-2013 02:27 PM
    You can never go back....neevvveerrrrr
    09-20-2013 05:37 PM
    Its a way. Go to sprint or T-Mobile lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2
    ki11ak3nn likes this.
    09-20-2013 05:57 PM
    Call customer service immediately.
    They should be able to fix it. If you are within the 14 days and you return the device they will be able to fix it if you scream loud enough.
    09-20-2013 07:57 PM
    Call customer service immediately.
    They should be able to fix it. If you are within the 14 days and you return the device they will be able to fix it if you scream loud enough.
    +this
    09-20-2013 08:08 PM
    A few phones back a Verizon csr accidentally took my unlimited off my account. I didn't bother to look but got an alert a week and a half into my new phone (think it was a S3) telling me I was about to go over 2GB....since then I don't think I have ever been under 3 or 4GB each month. A quick call to Verizon straightened things out.

For those that try to justify giving up their unlimited because they say never go over 2GB need to understand that times are changing and the use of data is ever rising. As the smart phone phenomenon evolves we will all be using our phones to do more and more...this requires data and the service providers know this. 2GB will be the least amount used by moderate data users.
    Don't let the low cost of a new phone entice you into a big mistake.
    Just my 2 cents.
    09-20-2013 10:29 PM
    I would be inclined to agree with this statement, but there is also the fact that almost everyplace has wifi. For me, I work from home, most of my regular hangouts have wifi, and beyond that, I setup the settings on my One to only grab stuff when I ask for it (except things like email). In the last 10 days, it shows that I've used 48MB of data. If I had to travel, then I'd expect it would use more data, although I'd be sure that I hooked into my hotel's wifi.

I suppose if I was taking the train to work or hooking my One into my car's stereo and listening to an online music service, then I might use more data, but otherwise wifi seems to be the best way to manage a data plan.

Just my 1 cent...
    09-20-2013 11:03 PM
    Would it be safe to assume that you gave up your unlimited?

I would be inclined to agree with this statement, but there is also the fact that almost everyplace has wifi. For me, I work from home, most of my regular hangouts have wifi, and beyond that, I setup the settings on my One to only grab stuff when I ask for it (except things like email). In the last 10 days, it shows that I've used 48MB of data. If I had to travel, then I'd expect it would use more data, although I'd be sure that I hooked into my hotel's wifi.

I suppose if I was taking the train to work or hooking my One into my car's stereo and listening to an online music service, then I might use more data, but otherwise wifi seems to be the best way to manage a data plan.

Just my 1 cent...
    09-21-2013 07:15 AM
    Would it be safe to assume that you gave up your unlimited?
    Yes .. I did, but it wasn't a big deal for me. I'm sure for others that use a lot of data and don't have wifi access then it would be costly.
    09-21-2013 09:37 AM
    I gave up my data, was told there is no going back. I rarely used a lot of data with my Droid X2, which was a slow pos. Now I have a fast 4G phone and last month I used 1.8 Gigabytes. That included downloading apps and contacts over the air as soon as I activated it in store (beware). So, because wifi is everywhere, and I only stream Pandora for an hour or two daily, my data usage is safe around 2 Gigs.
    09-22-2013 03:15 PM

Just my 1 cent...
    Just depends on your trust as well. I personally don't trust wifi networks at public places.. Anyone can be snooping easily. I know a cell network isn't impossible to snoop on if you know what you're doing.. Since nothing is ever 100% safe but I don't trust the openness of everyone being on it.

Just my opinion.

09-22-2013 09:38 PM
    I have been through this before.Purchased a Note 2 last year while the extended holiday return period was in effect.I gave up my unlimited when I did this.A month or so later I decided I would rather pay the difference between contract price and full price and go back to unlimited.I figured since I was within the extended return period it would be no problem.I keep get the run a round that the extended period did not apply to the service change just the phone.Since it had been more than 14 days I could not go back.

I went back and forth with people for a couple weeks with no luck.Nothing they could do.kept saying if It had been less than 14 days it would not have been a problem.Filed a complaint with the BBB and received a call from the executive office the next day.Was billed the difference and got my old plan back.Will never make that mistake again.Verizon will do what it takes to make you happy if you complain enough.They take their number 1 rating in the national customer satisfaction surveys very seriously.
    09-23-2013 12:02 PM
    I have been through this before.Purchased a Note 2 last year while the extended holiday return period was in effect.I gave up my unlimited when I did this.A month or so later I decided I would rather pay the difference between contract price and full price and go back to unlimited.I figured since I was within the extended return period it would be no problem.I keep get the run a round that the extended period did not apply to the service change just the phone.Since it had been more than 14 days I could not go back.

I went back and forth with people for a couple weeks with no luck.Nothing they could do.kept saying if It had been less than 14 days it would not have been a problem.Filed a complaint with the BBB and received a call from the executive office the next day.Was billed the difference and got my old plan back.Will never make that mistake again.Verizon will do what it takes to make you happy if you complain enough.They take their number 1 rating in the national customer satisfaction surveys very seriously.
    Not that serious apparently. Took a BBB report for them to jump... Otherwise they were happy with giving you nothing but capped data.

09-23-2013 01:04 PM
    I don't believe Verizon caps data, I went almost a gig over 2 and was just billed $9 and change for it. I noticed no discernable speed decrease.

Sent from my One
    09-23-2013 06:42 PM
    Yeah... I don't think so. :/

Sent from where the wild things are.
    09-23-2013 06:44 PM
    Return the phone and have the associate call Verizon, we got a customer back there unlimited data back after less than a week with the phone.

Sent from my BUSA!
    09-23-2013 08:05 PM
    I don't believe Verizon caps data, I went almost a gig over 2 and was just billed $9 and change for it. I noticed no discernable speed decrease.

Sent from my One
    Capped data is exactly what u said charged data. Throtlled data is slowed data.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2
    jeverts likes this.
    09-23-2013 11:19 PM
    I gave up my unlimited to get an upgrade, Galaxy S4. At the end of 14 days I decided to cancel my upgrade and wait for the HTC One to come out. After returning my GS4 to the third party retailer, I contacted VZW customer service. Spoke to a rep, and she was able to put me back on unlimited, no begging or anything. That's the only thing I like about VZW so far, is their customer service. Goodluck OP.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-23-2013 11:38 PM
    So i returned the phone and the guy at Best Buy said it couldn't be done. About an hour later I called Verizon and the lady I was talking to said I could definitely get it back because I returned within the 14 days. So she put the paperwork in to get it back, woke up this morning and I've got my unlimited back!
    freddyttt likes this.
    09-24-2013 02:41 PM
    So i returned the phone and the guy at Best Buy said it couldn't be done. About an hour later I called Verizon and the lady I was talking to said I could definitely get it back because I returned within the 14 days. So she put the paperwork in to get it back, woke up this morning and I've got my unlimited back!
    I knew it could be done, I've personally done it for numerous customers, it's sad that most are misinformed about terms and conditions of a carrier.

Sent from my BUSA!
    09-24-2013 07:18 PM
    Like I said, just call CS.
    Now.... STOP PLAYING AROUND AND BUY THE DEVICE AT RETAIL!!!!!
    Yes, I'm yelling. Stay on unlimited until they kick you off.
    09-24-2013 08:31 PM
    yes they will. I did it today.
    09-25-2013 08:36 PM
41 12