Goodbye Samsung Galaxy S3...hello HTC One!!

mrtinydave

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
So after much debate and research I made the jump to the HTC One. And by god i am very happy with the choice i made. I am big into cell phones and am always looking at the latest and greatest. I did plenty of research and had it narrowed down to 3 phones, the One, the Moto X and the Note 3. I really liked all of the features that the Note 3 has but it came down to size and it was way to big for me personally. I also really liked the features and overall performance with the Moto X, but it came down to me thinking that it wouldnt have much support and to me it was a high-end mid range phone or lower high-end. And in the end i went the the One. I feel it is the best phone that Verizon has available at the time even though it is older than the other 2. The features on the phone are amazing, it is very snappy and lag free and to me it is the perfect size. While i have only had it a day it is by far the best phone i have ever purchased. I could go on for days on why i like it but wont bore you. Just thought i would give this forum my hello and cant wait to dive into my new phone more.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Welcome. You are going to love the one. I went from my one x to the one and have never been happier.

Sent from my One X using AC Forums mobile app

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the HTC One. It is a great phone, arguably the best available right now.
My wow factor wasn't as big considering I came from an S3, HTC DNA and then the One.
The DNA in many ways is very similar to the One. The DNA hands down was better than my S3.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I played with one Saturday while my wife got her Note3 hooked up. That's too big for me but the One wowed my compared to my Galaxy Nexus (the first Samsung Galaxy phone). The stuff opens and changes like THAT, and the speakers rock (mine suck). I'm due for an update in a couple months, think I'll hook up her 4s to my account in the meantime and try that. I had the original HTC Incredible and that was pretty hot back then. Look forward to everyone's tips. Good forum.

JW4VZW

Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I also came from a Galaxy S3 to the HTC One. I love my One, but at the same time never had any issues with my S3. Hopefully you'll enjoy your new phone!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The HTC One is a good device. Let us know how you are liking it and if you have any questions.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AC Forums mobile app

mrtinydave

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Well i am officially one week into owning my HTC One and i am totally in love with it. I cant find one thing about it that i dont like. The design and form factor are perfect in my eyes. It fits perfectly in the hands even with my otterbox on it. Its very fluid and snappy and i have experienced no lag at all. The battery life for me is amazing. I easily can get between 16 and 20 hours on a charge with what i consider moderate to heavy use. I could barely squeeze 14 hours out of my Galaxy S3. The camera takes great pics for how i use it. The only thing i really dont use is blinkfeed, i tried it out but it wasnt my cup of tea but i felt the same way about flipboard. So overall i am having a great experience so far.

CollegePartyBoy

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the HTC One. It is a great phone, arguably the best available right now.
My wow factor wasn't as big considering I came from an S3, HTC DNA and then the One.
The DNA in many ways is very similar to the One. The DNA hands down was better than my S3.

I currently have a DNA. I have never had any issues with it and believe it to still be one of the most underrated phones available. What do you like about the One that wasn't on the DNA?

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Aesthetics and build
Speakers (they are unbelievable)
Additional Storage (got tired of having to clean out storage).
Larger battery (significant real use increase)
Snapdragon 600 vs. Snapdragon S4 which equates to 1700 MHz vs. 1500 (faster)
468 ppi vs. 441 ppi (screen resolution)

Like I said, love the DNA...can't say a bad thing about it. The One is just the Evolution of HTC products.
There will soon be something just a little better than the One, just how it works.

I currently have a DNA. I have never had any issues with it and believe it to still be one of the most underrated phones available. What do you like about the One that wasn't on the DNA?

hawkeye16qb

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I came from the S3 as well. I never had any issues with my S3. Overall I think the HTC One is a better device, but I'm not blown away by the difference. However I would take the S3's camera over the hot garbage camera in the HTC One. Actually I preferred the camera in my HTC Desire from 2009 over this POS.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I came from the S3 as well. I never had any issues with my S3. Overall I think the HTC One is a better device, but I'm not blown away by the difference. However I would take the S3's camera over the hot garbage camera in the HTC One. Actually I preferred the camera in my HTC Desire from 2009 over this POS.

LOL! Ive only had HTC phones (Thundercrap and Rezound) so to me this IS a good camera! LOLOLOL!

H_Wordsmythe

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I also think it's a good camera. Great, even. Granted, if you're blowing up your shots on a computer monitor, it might not look so sharp, but the color is outstanding, the low light performance is unreal, and the shutter is lightning fast. I'm very happy. Especially since most of my life is spent in low light! Now, do I think they should up the megapixel count on the One's sequel? Probably, yeah. But I see no need to go crazy with it, like most of the competition is doing. I don't know if it's possible, but if they could retain the pixel size, but increase the count to 8 or so, that would be awesome. Might not be physically possible though? I'm no camera nerd, so I don't know...

Enrique2SIM

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Many fellows say that the size of the Note 3 is too much and in this thread is confirmed ... Personally, I find the size of the HTC One very appropriate and its design is very attractive. Something that I find really great besides all its high-end specs, is the speakers position (in the front) which is excellent for those who like the music and don't like to have to put the phone in a specific position for playing music.

Regards

JW4VZW

Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Many fellows say that the size of the Note 3 is too much and in this thread is confirmed ... Personally, I find the size of the HTC One very appropriate and its design is very attractive. Something that I find really great besides all its high-end specs, is the speakers position (in the front) which is excellent for those who like the music and don't like to have to put the phone in a specific position for playing music.

Regards

I love my HTC One. That being said, I just got issued a Samsung Note 3 from my company. I haven't used the Note 3 as anything but a glorified tablet at home because I have not gotten around to purchasing a case yet. While I do not mind the Note 3, however I think it might be too big to put in my pocket.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer