Just picked up my One a few days ago, and checking in with location-based apps works with no problems (Yelp, Foursquare, etc...)

I tried the Navigation for the first time last night, and it wouldn't pick up a signal. At ALL. I exited out, re-started GPS multiple times, still nothing...

Has anyone else had this issue? TechnoBuffalo's Jon mentioned the same thing in his 2 month review video on YouTube.
    10-22-2013 10:35 AM
    I ran into that issue with a S3, there was nothing I could do (or Verizon) to get it to work.
    Verizon concluded that it was a radio or antenna issue and replaced the phone.
    If you just got it, take it to the store you bought it from and show them that you cannot get a GPS signal.
    If they cannot get it to work they will have no choice but to hand you a new one.
    Check the Nav on the new unit before you leave.

Just picked up my One a few days ago, and checking in with location-based apps works with no problems (Yelp, Foursquare, etc...)

I tried the Navigation for the first time last night, and it wouldn't pick up a signal. At ALL. I exited out, re-started GPS multiple times, still nothing...

Has anyone else had this issue? TechnoBuffalo's Jon mentioned the same thing in his 2 month review video on YouTube.
    10-22-2013 04:53 PM
    I had the same problem with the Navigation app, but when I used the Maps app, it worked. I know Google has been working for some time on killing off the Navigation app and integrating that functionality into the Maps app. My daughter's Droid Razer M didn't even have the Navigation app installed. Threw me at first, but then I looked into it and discovered it was all part of the plan. So I was wondering if the Navigation app on our Ones was some sort of hanger-on that was left in the Sense package, but didn't actually have the full functionality. But now it sounds as if it works for some people? In any case, as I can do the same thing with Maps, I'm content.
    10-22-2013 05:52 PM
    I had the same problem with the Navigation app, but when I used the Maps app, it worked. I know Google has been working for some time on killing off the Navigation app and integrating that functionality into the Maps app. My daughter's Droid Razer M didn't even have the Navigation app installed. Threw me at first, but then I looked into it and discovered it was all part of the plan. So I was wondering if the Navigation app on our Ones was some sort of hanger-on that was left in the Sense package, but didn't actually have the full functionality. But now it sounds as if it works for some people? In any case, as I can do the same thing with Maps, I'm content.
    I do not have GPS issues with either app. I will say Google maps has some bugs and cannot navigate correctly but the nav app does. Google maps usually shows my town 200 miles SE of its actual location.

I just had Google nav take my current location and go to town (1.4 miles). Google maps has the same trip as 10.4 miles (has me drive north 4 miles then come back south 6.4 miles).
    10-22-2013 08:31 PM
    What's beyond weird is it will locate me in other apps with no problem!

I want to exhaust every option. Do I try a different navigation app?
    10-23-2013 05:30 PM
    Did you try navigating with the Maps app? I see that pcabe5 (poster above) had accuracy issues with his, but it's been working for me.
    10-23-2013 06:11 PM
    Apps like 'GPS Status' or 'GPS Test' can test the phone's GPS ability (show the satellites) and could even improve the GPS ability with clearing and renewing the aGPS data.
    10-24-2013 04:52 AM
    Why?
    Seriously, why go out of the way to make it do what it's supposed to out of the box?
    Your time and money...just sayin.

What's beyond weird is it will locate me in other apps with no problem!

I want to exhaust every option. Do I try a different navigation app?
    10-24-2013 06:44 PM
    Did you try navigating with the Maps app? I see that pcabe5 (poster above) had accuracy issues with his, but it's been working for me.
    I should also state it's not a GPS issue because my location is correct. Navigation in Google maps is messed up. I can even duplicate the same errors using Google maps on my desktop. So with that said it is not the One but Google's problems.
    10-24-2013 08:55 PM
    I should also state it's not a GPS issue because my location is correct. Navigation in Google maps is messed up. I can even duplicate the same errors using Google maps on my desktop. So with that said it is not the One but Google's problems.
    Perhaps it's a problem in your geographic area? I mean rather than a bug in the app, it sounds as if Google just has bad data for your locale.
    Adamsberg likes this.
    10-25-2013 08:54 AM
    Perhaps it's a problem in your geographic area? I mean rather than a bug in the app, it sounds as if Google just has bad data for your locale.
    A good thought
    Google Maps navigation is very focused on roads. If you mark your location on a footpath in a terrain in Maps and save it, say in a mail, so next time if you want see this location in Maps it'll show the location on the road that is next to the true location. If the next road is far away ...
    10-25-2013 02:53 PM
    I would agree but my local and address has been accurate in all previous versions. So that tells me the data is there but something has changed so that the app and web based map software is not functioning correctly. I have submitted a report to Google for a correction.
    10-27-2013 10:21 AM
    GPSStatus app improved my Google navigation immensely, hardly drops out now.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
    10-27-2013 10:30 AM