Considering the HTC One on Verizon

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Been lurking on this thread awhile. I'm not due for an update until January, and currently have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus (pretty sweet). My wife abandoned her iPhone 4s but I can't get into the smaller screen. Her Samsung Note 3 is too big for pocket (nice screen), so that makes the Max a no go. This phone is almost a year old is my only concern, but I don't see anything newer that's better. I saw Walmart will sell you one for $49. Is that the best deal out there? What's a biggest drawback to this phone? I know the speakers are great. Thanks in advance. Newt

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I've not found a drawback yet. Just got it two days ago. The speakers are very good indeed. $49 would be a smoking deal for this ONE.
I usually prefer to go without any case on my phones, but changed my mind with the ONE. Otterbox commuter is working well. The bare naked phone is a tad slippery for me. Just saying as I don't know how you prefer your cases or not. Every review I read was pretty positive and the reviews by users on Verizon's site were very favorable. I'm glad I got mine. I think the ONE is a winner.

tispectrum

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
The only drawback is Verizon's delay in releasing the latest operating system for the One. I too came from the Nexus. No comparison. If you think the Nexus was sweet, you'll be blown away by the HTC One.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Why not the G2? Better specs, best camera, highly customizable, easily rooted if need. Best bang for your dollar and will easily be good for 2years.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

tedbearclaw

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I have had the iPhone 5 gs4 note 2 droid razr all within the past 6 months I would say the one is by far my favorite. As far as deals I believe you can score a sweet blue one from best buy for 49 bucks on black Friday

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

stabbedintheface

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I just got an HTC One on Verizon off contract. Almost switched and got the N5 but after playing with it...just didn't like it.

No regrets. It's pretty cracked open so if you're a flasher you can go to town. I personally don't mind stock so I use it as it and have had no problem.

One slightly off topic thing; The speakers are amazing. I always thought "who cares about the speakers on a phone?" I figure if I can hear it ring then I'm happy. But really..the boom sound and speakers are pretty awesome

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I usually prefer to go without any case on my phones, but changed my mind with the ONE. Otterbox commuter is working well. The bare naked phone is a tad slippery for me. Just saying as I don't know how you prefer your cases or not. Every review I read was pretty positive and the reviews by users on Verizon's site were very favorable. I'm glad I got mine. I think the ONE is a winner.
I always use leather slipcases, not the "snap on the back and sides" ones. Sena makes a super thin one, and I've had Beyza and Fortte cases too. That way there's no screen saver, and I can handle the whole phone when I use it. The drawback of course is you have to remove the phone to use it and do something with the case (pocket). I've become used to it. I realize that most reviews will be positive on this forum but it sounds like most people here have had plenty of other phone to compare to. I really thought I was going iPhone but can't bring myself to use a smaller screen. I guess it's like TV sets, always go big.

gdruin74

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Best buy website has it for free. Shows 49 first then goes free at checkout. This was for the silver version. Ship only, no store pickup. Thinking of getting one as second phone and to compare to moto x.
Has anyone used both?

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

nelschroeder

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm a Galaxy Nexus user as well. I've had it for nearly 2 years and still like it a lot but an upgrade is on the horizon so I am curious about by the HTC ONE also. Will be lurking and reading to see what folks have to say.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

robertjm

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
On Black Friday Best Buy will have the One for $24.99 w/2yr contract. Both the silver and Blue versions.

sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

obidos

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
does any know if you can get the VZW Max plan at Best Buy? I'm on grandfathered unlimited data at the moment but really would like a new device to replace my Thunderbolt.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
does any know if you can get the VZW Max plan at Best Buy? I'm on grandfathered unlimited data at the moment but really would like a new device to replace my Thunderbolt.

I had the TB too. This phone is what that phone should have been. I gave up my grandfathered plan for a $49.99 Blue and haven't looked back. Well worth it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers