Gallery Pictures in BlinkFeed

chepmedia

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
How do I get Gallery pictures to show up in BlinkFeed on your Verizon HTC One?

If I go to the menu choices for BlinkFeed, choose Topics and Services and go to Services and Apps I see Calendar, Gallery, Kid Mode and TV listed. I have Calendar and Gallery checkboxed. If I then go to the BlinkFeed screen and choose the menu item for Highlights I see Calendar and Gallery checked. I back out of this menu and choose Highlights (not Apps).

Only Calendar events show up.

I know BlinkFeed works to a degree - if I choose things I don't want like Associated Press or Huffington Post or Movies (under Entertainment...) my BlinkFeed gets populated with articles from those sources. Those are nice but I'd rather have my Calendar and pictures from my Gallery.

Thinking I was doing something wrong I took the word Highlights to mean that only Highlighted picts in my Gallery showed up so I went through and starred a bunch of pictures (I now have a Highlights category in my Gallery along with Camera Shots, Picasa, etc...) but still no pictures in BlinkFeed.

I've tried speaking to Verizon both on the phone and in the store ("what's BlinkFeed?") and I was even bumped up to Tier 2 .. and then all the way to HTC themselves but no one seems to quite get what I'm looking for. ("Have you restarted your phone?") sigh.

One person suggested my phone was corrupt and I should reset to factory. As a side note, every single other thing on the phone works flawlessly so I highly doubt I need to "reset my phone to factory". Another suggested waiting for Sense 5.5 with JB 4.3, but 4.3 showed up and .. I still have Sense 5.0. Quick search suggests I'll get 5.5 with JB 4.4 in January. I am not holding my breath.

Anyone else out there know what I'm looking to do and know how to solve this?

Thank you,

Marc

chepmedia

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
After seeing so many people read my question I'm wondering "which is it?" for Verizon HTC One owners out there. Is it...

1) ...you have a Verizon HTC One and CAN get Gallery pictures to show up in your BlinkFeed but don't know why I can't

or...

2) ...you have a Verizon HTC One and, like me, also can't get Gallery pictures to show up in BlinkFeed and are just as dumbfounded.

One of the Verizon reps asked me why I expected pictures to show up in my BlinkFeed at all. To show I'm not nuts here's an excerpt from page 29 of the HTC One manual from their website:

"Home screen feeds ...

Tap (the down arrow) to choose the type of feeds to display. Select Highlights to see other
contents such as upcoming events, frequently-viewed photos in Gallery, and more."

Thank you all again for reading,

Marc

Roy Droid

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I just wanted to say, I too, wondered about this. I do remember seeing pictures from my gallery in Blinkfeed at one time, but that was a long time ago. I haven't seen it for a while now. I'm trying to remember how my settings were at the time. I think my Gallery view was set to "Events" as opposed to "Albums" and I think only recent pictures taken showed up in Blinkfeed. I remember there was a minor OTA update by Verizon about a month ago. Maybe that update messed with the Gallery view in Blinkfeed. Who knows.

alireza_simkesh

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Was anybody able to solve this problem?
I am facing with the exact same problem (gallery pictures not showing up in blinkfeed). Im running on Android 4.3 with Sense 5.5.

chepmedia

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
alireza_simkesh: You have a Verizion HTC One running Android 4.3 and Sense 5.5? I never got the 5.5 update when I updated to 4.3. How did you get the 5.5 update?

If that's the case, well. .. then that's disappointing. I was hoping Sense 5.5 would fix this problem.

jeverts: So if you go into Services and Apps in the BlinkFeed settings and choose "Gallery" your BlinkFeed displays pictures from your Gallery? Mine doesn't. And you're running Android 4.3, Sense 5.0 on a Verizon HTC One?

chepmedia

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
To be clear, I have "Gallery" under apps too. But even if I click the checkbox next to Gallery BlinkFeed still doesn't display pictures.

And you have a Verizon HTC One?

chepmedia

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Yep. Pulled down on BlinkFeed, watched it read, "Updating" and still nothing. Toggled between Highlights and Apps (what do you have yours set to?) and still nothing.

And you have a Verizon HTC One?

jeverts

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Go to the gallery settings, show/hide albums, what's checked? I have most checked

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

chepmedia

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
"What do you have it set to?"

In BlinkFeed there are two default sources to choose from: Highlights and Apps. Which of these shows your pictures? Or do both show your pictures?

"Go to the gallery settings, show/hide albums, what's checked?"

I have everything checked, including All Photos and All Videos.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01