Is the Verizon OS the same as the other carriers?

JohnstonCrazy

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm just asking because I wonder if the issues I'm experiencing are unique to something that Verizon did or if all HTC Ones are the same as mine. Issues:

1. Typing is a real hassle. It seems to be off somehow. I hit one letter and a different one pops up.
2. It seems that I have two separate screens with the same apps but spread out differently.
3. The main screen seems to have a lot of odd news items and feeds I don't want.
4. Everything is really small. Even though this screen is a lot larger than my iphone, it is hard to read and it is hard to hit the targets.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
#1 I don't use the stock keyboard, but I haven't noticed any accuracy problems. The stock keyboard has a calibration tool to help with accuracy. Settings>Language & keyboard>HTC Sense Input settings>Advanced>Calibration tool.
#2 seems like it an easy fix. Just curious did it show up after the update, were items added, or a screen added with these new items? I'm not sure what to say about this one. There's a chance that you are adding apps to your homepage and Google Play is adding apps to your homepage. In Google Play under settings you can choose to have items automatically added to your homepage when downloaded. Check to see if this is checked.
#3 I'm assuming that you're referring to Blink Feed. Did you have it set up before and now it's different? I had mine as disabled as you can possibly get it and nothing new showed up or seemed to have changed with it. Plus I think Blink Feed is a Sense thing and not an OS thing. Since we didn't get a Sense update it really shouldn't have changed or been affected. If you would like you can change what screen is your main screen if you don't like it, want it, or use it. Again you can go into the Blink Feed settings and change the feeds to get rid of the things you don't want, need, or use.
#4 Do you think things are smaller after the update? I haven't notice any difference, but it's the screen resolution that makes things smaller. More pixels per sq/in. Not necessarily in all apps but for some you can try going into settings>Display, gestures & buttons and change the font size to make some things bigger. You could also go into Settings>Accessibility>Magnification gestures and see if anything there might help you.

JohnstonCrazy

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the comments. I've not enabled the update as I was worried it might screw up the few things I've gotten to work.

Edit: I believe that the extra screen is something called a drawer. I'm researching that to see how it works. I sure wish that there was a simple instruction manual that explains how this thing works.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz