4.3: Mobile Data limit exceeded notificaton won't go away

findwaldo

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
After receiving the 4.3 update I can't get the Mobile Data limit exceeded notification to go away. I've increased the limit, I've unchecked limit mobile data usage, I've unchecked alter me about data usage, I've then rebooted, I've done a hard restart (Power button, volume down key) and I've gone into the data usage app and cleared the data.

Thoughts?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Not familiar with this pop up, but thought I saw a setting on "my Verizon" for it. Maybe there is a place to look. Other than that id be calling them.

tyrod

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Not familiar with this pop up, but thought I saw a setting on "my Verizon" for it. Maybe there is a place to look. Other than that id be calling them.

I was hoping to find a solution to this problem too, but this is the one and only post I can find about this. I don't have to completle reset my phone or nothin right?

Last edited by a moderator:

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
What app are you getting this from? The FCC speed test app was telling me that, then I set my limit and reset day of the month. Later I just turned off the background tests, so now I manually run tests when I want.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Divotsmum

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same exact problem. Verizon Tech support is absolutely NO Help Whatsoever. Anything anyone can come up with would be most appreciated. My error is also a result of previously set data usage limits. I have unchecked everything, and have nothing active in that area. We have turned the phone off and on several times, but no go. HELP.......................ANYONE?? /:confused:

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Stupid question , but have you tried checking and/or adjusting the data usage cycle setting? Its in "data usage" and I notice mine seems to change on its own when my billing cycle restarts. If it wasn't changing it seems it would think you're over your data.

okjill

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
The notification finally went away on its own, but only after my billing cycle reset. I actually tried manually fudging the reset date in Data usage > Reset data usage, but it wasn't til my true billing cycle reset that the notification disappeared. So there is hope: If you haven't hit your billing cycle restart date yet, rest assured that the alert will hopefully disappear when you do.

I unchecked "Alert me about data usage" so this will hopefully never happen again. Not that it ever should have in the first place!

findwaldo

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
My notification went away when my billing cycle reset...however it has now come back because I've reached the limit set that originally triggered the notification that wouldn't go away (last cycle). That factory reset is looking like my next step :-(

Posted via Android Central App

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I think it's BS that Verizon can apply firmware 4.3 updates to your data use. I'd all CS and demand they credit you. Mine asked me if I wanted it like the day after I got the phone. At work. I said no, they said what time then, I said 2AM tomorrow (WiFi). At 5 PM the phone starts heating up in my pocket (never had that happen). I look and it's downloading the update 500 MB worth!
Takes like 25 minutes, asks me dl it, I say yes, and not enough battery left. If I were to receive a charge for over the limit data I'd throw this thing right through the store window. EDIT: The 500MB update to 4.3 did NOT show up in my data usage.

dave_green16

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
In regards to a Nexus 5, go to data usage and turn on mobile data. you should then be able to see the set mobile data limit. just uncheck it then. hope it helps.

Blake Steyn

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
It will stay there for the reason to constantly remind you that your data is reaching the limit... so that you don't forget it.

To remove it, all you needa do is raise the warning limit above your data you've used or remove the warning completely.

Last edited:

Nimish Nalan

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
[SOLUTION]
1) goto data usage
2) turn on data usage....just for a while
3) Just toggle set data limit off
4) You can turn off your data limit.
4) Thats it! :cool:

Yojanas

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
It happened because you swapped sim priority (primary sim) when u had this notification alive! Change primary sim as before, then turn off data limit.. maximise warning limit.. thats it.. puffff.. gone!!!

Last edited:

saporifico

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Had the exact same issue on my Oneplus2 and nothing worked, what finally did the trick was the following:

Go to settings>'back-up and reset' and reset ONLY your 'network settings'. It will reset your wifi, bluetooth and mobile data. Afterwards you can just swipe away that annoying notification and/or reprogram your data notification settings.

Hope this helps!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463