Is the Verizon HTC One GSM capable?

nickrevis

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't know who is informing the world that this phone isn't gsm compatible or that it only works on Verizon but that makes u a bigger ***** than I am. I am typing this right now on a HTC one from Verizon and I have MetroPCS service. It was a little tricky for it too catch the first signal from metro but here I am. I took SIM out if a Lumia 521 METRO PHONE CALLED metropcs on my home phone read the imei number they said wait 2 hours and should work. I have no complaint except I wish I knew how to turn the HTC logo into functioning button. I know there are instructions on here but still hard to understand what it means when I don't even know what the hell a kernal, a rooted phone or a ROM is. Lol.. it would be nice if someone could please help me step by step install for this kernal.. thanks in advance
Nick

nickrevis

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
It is a dual cdma/gsm phone you can use in dual mode or either. I switch Verizon HTC one to metropcs on their gsm service you have to play with it for a minute but it works great for me. Dont know if they have MetroPCS where you live but check it out if you do

Salim Elayan

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
For the kernel and a gsm Rom the phone has to be rooted. If you are on android 4.3, there is no root for it yet.

I know it's a world/gsm phone. It will work with metro or att/tmobile prepaid services but the question of the topic was mainly what data speeds you get. Most likely on metro you get 2g or edge, same as if you were going to get on tmobile prepaid or straight talk. Reason being is that Verizon phones are cdma so they don't have the standard bands that a unlocked (non branded, what I mean by unlocked ) phone has.

There is no point for me to have a 4g lte phone and pay $50 bucks a month if I'm going to get edge data which is really slow from when I tried it on straight talk with att and tmobile. My sister has metro and she bought a phone from them which is most likely a t mobile branded phone since metro runs on tmobile, that a why it has actual 4g lte.

alvidtech

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
So I want to start by saying I am greatly sorry for my previous post. In my defence I jumped the gun. Please forgive me. What happened was I put the att straight talk card in my Verizon HTC one and yes it worked. Yes it showed 4g. Yes it said att in the settings under operating name. Was it working on att 4g ? No it wasn't. It wasn't calling or texting. And as far as data it was working but was still on Verizon. I'm guessing this is a glitch I've come across cuz I tried over 10 times and it did it about half the time. The other half it would show edge and calling and sms would work. I really hope I didn't upset anyone especially since I'm crazy mad cuz I was hoping this worked. Hope everyone gets this figured out sorry for the delay

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't believe so.. I think at best it could be used overseas on GSM carriers but otherwise its locked down signal/data speaking to Verizon in the US. Basically the same story with some of the newer Sprint phones, they are locked to Sprint in the US but are capable of GSM carriers overseas.

Bottom line Verizon and Sprint are CDMA based carriers with certain models having GSM capability for traveling abroad overseas on GSM carriers but not locally in the US.

My Verizon HTC One has a choice of CDMA, GSM and Globally. I can pick the signal that I want my phone to utilize.

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Mine will be here the 26th. I'm keeping my DNA on Verizon as I have unlimited data. Was looking to see if i could like Straight talk or another service and if it was good enough I would change over. I looked up Aio Wireless and entered my DNA MEI and it said it was approved. They run on ATT and have 4G coverage all over my area. But they also work off of a SIM they send you.

The thing is I don't want to order either ST for $51+ bucks with an air time card or AIO Wireless unless I know it would work with the One. I have not found that out yet either.

nickg1989

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I have a verizon HTC one And put a straight talk SIM card in it yesterday. It switched to att and had 4g and calling was working. Didn't check the sms.

How did you change the settings? I have the HTC one and i cant do anything to change my network settings . I can text and make cals but only get edge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781