HTC One not staying in daydream mode

Don Corona

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm hoping someone can help me solve this problem, because I've tried just about everything. I want to use the daydream feature now that I've purchased a doc for my phone. When I turn the daydream feature on, it will go into daydream mode after the phone timeout period, but only stay in daydream for 2 or 3 seconds, then "wakeup" back to the home screen, or whatever screen I was on last.

I've tried disabling wi-fi, data usage, lock screen, etc. Nothing worked. It's almost as if there's some process going on in the background the keeps making the phone "wake up" from daydream mode. I've tried disabling a few apps, but I didn't want to go through and disable every app I have, although I feel like that might be my only option at this point.

If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts, I'd really appreciate it!!!!

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Personally I use an app called Dock Clock. For a free app it does a fantastic job. Dims the screen to a very low level and silences all calls and alerts, except for the alarm clock. One my most used apps since I started using my Rezound as my clock as well two years ago. Use it now on my One and it is again flawless.

Don Corona

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Awesome thanks for the recommendation!! I tried clearing the cache to no avail, but the dock app you mentioned is exactly what I'm looking for anyways, so I'll just use that. Thanks!!!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Just curious would it stay in daydream when plugged into a normal charger, but not when plugged into the dock? I ask because not all chargers charge at the same mA output, and I'm curious if that is the difference and maybe why it won't work. Also if the phone keeps waking up I wonder if there is a hardware configuration, or maybe even some low level software, in the dock that is designed to keep the phone awake? Do you have another phone or friend with a phone you could try in the dock to see if it's maybe the dock. Could it just be a bum dock?

Don Corona

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
You might be onto something VidJunky because I've tried different cables and it will work with other cable, dock combinations but not with others. I'll test it out with some others too to see what happens. Thanks for the help.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Glad to help. Reading your response it sounds like you have options with the power cord its self, so my guess is the plug into the cradle is micro USB? If so maybe try the OG cable dock combination. That will tell you definitively if you'll be able to use that brand of dock. The OG cable will deliver the mfg recommended voltage and any deviation can only be caused by the dock. Post back with your success and brand of your dock to help anyone else experiencing this issue or so they'll know what works.

GL

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta